• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Amputation

Big Dave2

3 hours ago, Wanderer said:

X2

I wasn't aware of your situation, as I don't pay much attention to this forum.  I was wondering if someone from Canada was asking if anyone ever considered getting an amputation while camping.

Again, best of luck to ya.

Only if they have a drinking problem and maybe me implants.  That's all the Canadian folks care about....

Hi Dave.  We have talked about this briefly a year or two ago.  Due to the paranoia factor on this site I and most others aren't here as much.  I do miss guys like you Dave.  I remember the pic of your camper at Itasca so we took a drive through this summer.   I wondered where your spot was.  Man I hope you come out of this alright Dave.  My Uncle had diabetes bad and finally lost the battle.  The docs said change your diet or take the shot.  He said give me the shots.  Well that lasted for many years and his body finally gave in..  He should have changed his diet too.  I took him to a couple of bear baits he wanted to see and he told me his feet were finally giving in.  AND he was a tough guy.   Anyway Dave we all love you and I hope you can persevere....   I am thinking good things for you so you think positive too.....    Barry.    Hope this isn't deleted for one of their paranoid reasons... 

If it is deleted I will never be back as many others.   So sad.....

Well, I'm home. I had surgery yesterday where they "remodeled" my amputation stump. My surgeon took out some of the bulkiness that was in the stump and shaved down some bone growth to see if that keeps this issue from coming up in the future.

4 hours ago, bobberineyes said:

Good luck and keep smiling big d!!! Hopefully that puppy of yours is letting you rest. ;)

Ha! Not at the moment! Usually he is snoozing for the night by now (9:00 pm) but tonight he is a ball of energy!

Edited by Big Dave2

3 hours ago, delcecchi said:

I would take whatever antibiotics were prescribed, as directed.   Had a tooth extracted, way less serious, and antibiotics were prescribed for a few days to prevent infection.  

Yes, I'm being a good little patient. I got a couple courses of intravenous antibiotics in the hospital and now I take them orally 4 times a day.

I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Antibiotics are all done and I got the word from my surgeon yesterday to start walking in my prosthetic a little bit each day. I have to use one crutch now instead of 2 but it sure is easier getting around that way then using both crutches. In a few weeks I should be back to normal.

51 minutes ago, JigSawJimmy said:

IDK ya but sounds like you are handling it like a boss. Keep it up.

Above ground and breathing air, nothing else like it.

If you were my pal, I would of already gave you a bad ars nick name.

Davey 5 Toes.

Sounds like a guy in Chicago proper with a no show union job.

Take care.

Well, you could be my pal anytime but you would have to change that nickname to Davey 3 toes since I only have 3 toes left on the "good" foot!;)

Went to see the prosthetist yesterday. He took some measurements of that leg from my knee down and it appears my muscles have atrophied in some spots along my leg 1-1/2" - 3" in diameter. This means my prosthesis no longer fits me and they will be making me a new one in a few weeks. Good thing I pay high insurance premiums, not sure if Obamacare would have covered it. ;)