• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wheel house toilet Q

Boar

ok havent seen this one before but not the greasest question to talk about either. but what have you guys found to be the best way to control bathroom waste over a long weekend. the way ive done it, is not to user freindly. i have a very full bucket of waste at the end of the weekend, in which is hard to find a way to get rid of and just plain disgusting. Ive seen some people a bag each time they go #2 and it sits out back behind their house and freezes till they leave. im thinking for next season on getting a porta potty for like camping. what do you guys do, if ya dont mind me asking.

I read good reviews and a few guys here have. Thetford Portacurve.

I was going to get it mainly for the wife, but she has been pretty busy with our newborn twin boys smile Haven't picked one up yet but plan on getting one for next year.

We did however take the kids on their first overnight fishing trip last weekend on their 1 month birthday smile

I have the Theford Curve and the hold down plate to keep it from sliding around going down the road. I've got nothing but good things to say about it except the built in toilet paper holder takes up some room that could be used for waste. It just as tall as the taller house toilets (17" I think) and it's rock solid, no cracking or feeling like it's going to fall apart. Closest thing to real toilet. I use RV antifreeze in it for the flush water.

Took the seat out of my one man frabill commando portable.

Mounted a toilet seat on the bracket. 5 gallon pail with TWO bags wink then pull bag each time and leave on ice behind truck to freeze.

Works great. Put the buddy heater in there for some extra comfort. Could even drill a hole and do some fishing!

I screwed one 5 gal pail to the floor so it can't move and slide another 5 gal pail into it with a $15 Luggable Lou seat on it. Put a good thick, low density .9 mil, plastic bag in the top bucket and then you can carry out the whole bucket before removing the bag. Be sure you use buckets that don't nest too tight or it's a bear to get them apart. (I do have an enclosed bathroom in the house)

Simple!

Get a portable 5 gallon camping toilet like this: http://www.cabelas.com/product/LUGGABLE-...5386&rid=20

Then using a good strong reinforced 13 gallon plastic garbage bag with drawstrings like this:

http://www.target.com/p/up-up-vanilla-scent-flex-fit-tall-kitchen-drawstring-bags-13-gal-120-ct/-/A-14738966?lnk=Rec|pdp|viewed_viewed|pdpv1

Line the pail with the bag then pour a couple of pounds of cat litter in the bottom and voila. When your done, draw the string tight, shake the bag, twist the top tight to tie a knot and set it outside. Works sweet and when you go simply put what bags you have in one bag and it's just another bag of garbage.

The Thetford curve works great. I got it for my wife but use it all the time too. You can buy the waste enzyme eaters and it turns all the waste into liquid with no

Smell. I bring 3 or 4 milk jugs with water and fill it up when at the lake. I dont even mess with antifreeze anymore. I have had the waste and clean water and flush system freeze and it thaws without rupture or causing any damage. I think it gets 50+ flushes before full. Easily dumps into home toliet when back home. We keep it in a large tote during transport to prevent it falling over and spilling.