• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Marcum call back

leechlake

first call: Recording said they are available til 4pm so I wouldn't expect a call back today.

3:43pm Tuesday January 20- 'I got an LX-5 at Christmas, the charger light indicator didn't work straight out of box, my other charger battery indicators work on the same battery so I'd like a new charger that works properly'

we'll see how it goes, like I said I have no dog in the fight but am curious to how they do.

Are you guys sure the charger isnt actually working or is the light just not turning green?

Only way to know would be to put a voltmeter to the battery when the charger is plugged in. Obviously if it wasnt working the reading would be whatever the static charge of the battery was, but if it is working you would see the number slowly increase over time.

I have 2-Marcums. LX5 and VX1. I'd consider myself happy with both. I'm considering upgrading both, but NOTHING will get me to buy something else faster that horse poo customer service. 24 hours in 2015 is simply unacceptable. The margins on these Chinese made electronics is 80% if not more. They can hire a customer service rep to return a call the same day. That's all people ask for.

Did you create a service repair order? I had no communication issues with them what so ever, but I am guessing your leaving messages without a RO#

From their support page: http://marcum.com/support/

Service

If you need service, it is very important that you first obtain a Return Authorization Number. This enables us to track all items that arrive at and leave our location.

We do our best to respond to all inquiries in a timely manner, and we are in the office Monday through Friday, 8 – 4 Central Time.

Our toll free number is 888-778-1208, if we are unable to answer, please leave a brief message.

To obtain a Return Authorization number, fill out the form on the

page. Complete shipping address is required on form to receive a reply.

Replacement parts and service may be paid for over the phone with a credit card. Email customers will be instructed how to pay either by check or through the HSOforum.

If you are asked to send your unit in to us, our shipping address is:

MarCum Technologies

3943 Quebec Ave. North

Minneapolis, MN 55427

first call: Recording said they are available til 4pm so I wouldn't expect a call back today.

3:43pm Tuesday January 20- 'I got an LX-5 at Christmas, the charger light indicator didn't work straight out of box, my other charger battery indicators work on the same battery so I'd like a new charger that works properly'

we'll see how it goes, like I said I have no dog in the fight but am curious to how they do.

I've lost interest in this but for the record: January 27 935 am, no call back. The message I left has now officially evaporated into thin air. I'm not a Marcum hater, I realize this happens but after so many posts saying their call backs stink I thought I'd check on it first person.

I just had to deal with their customers service....again. I've been through two camera panners, and now a camera for my VS825SD. With the first panner I tried contacting customer service, it took several phone calls and messages before I was able to get ahold of somebody. They did replace it, but the second one quit working within a year. I'm sure I could have had it replaced too, but I didn't see the point in trying to deal with the service again to try a third of the same product. Why they stopped working is a mystery, they were always kept dry. My actual VS825SD started acting weird and not displaying properly. It took multiples phone calls and a message that wasn't returned to get to talk to someone in service. They had me ship the camera to them on a Monday. I tried calling Wednesday, and Thursday with no luck. I finally got somebody on Friday. They told me something is wrong with the actual camera. I had to replace it for $300!!! When I pay $700 for a product I expect it to last more than 3 1/2 years. I'm really upset about the situation, I really baby my camera and take good care of it. I could see it if it was abused, but it always rides on the wheeler or in my truck. Never in my sled getting hammered by bumpy ice. My experience has been poor products, with poor service. I'll NEVER buy Marcum again.

Friday Jan 23- no call back.

Maybe they outsource service to India.

Maybe they are waiting for you to follow the instructions on their site I posted.

From their support page: http://marcum.com/support/

Service

If you need service, it is very important that you first obtain a Return Authorization Number. This enables us to track all items that arrive at and leave our location.

We do our best to respond to all inquiries in a timely manner, and we are in the office Monday through Friday, 8 – 4 Central Time.

Our toll free number is 888-778-1208, if we are unable to answer, please leave a brief message.

To obtain a Return Authorization number, fill out the form on the

page. Complete shipping address is required on form to receive a reply.

Replacement parts and service may be paid for over the phone with a credit card. Email customers will be instructed how to pay either by check or through the HSOforum.

If you are asked to send your unit in to us, our shipping address is:

MarCum Technologies

3943 Quebec Ave. North

Minneapolis, MN 55427

Did they change the LX-5 or something? I keep seeing this charging light issue but with mine it has a battery gauge that tells the % of the charge. You plug the charger into it until it says it's at 100%. I've owned one for 5 yrs and never once looked at the charger light.