• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Elite Premium Fish House

bASS_BLASTER

38 minutes ago, Elite Fish Houses said:

RebelSS, will you please post your real identity, phone number, and home address? 

You've turned this into a personal game, which will not be tolerated. This is nothing about business. Please remove yourself before it's done.  Return to making your exceptional fish houses. End of discussion.

Sounds to me like those great employees need a boss that responds to customers in a respectful way. All the complaints have been things you yourself are neglecting. I think it's mirror time, even these responses seem like your trying to justify your own shortcomings and have done much more harm than good.  

Edited by Hawg

Hello everyone,

I had a couple of forums going earlier this year about these same issues.  I have a finished elite premium ice house I got it back in January I did wait a long time to get it, I also drove there unannounced to make sure my house was being built.  Communication is key and that is what drove me crazy wondering if I was getting a ice house or a lawyer.  But in the end the quality of my ice house  was worth the wait. I have taken it camping a few times this summer and people flock to it to check it out even people with other brands of ice houses. But back to communication, it has improved the best way to contact elite is via email. I have had a couple of minor issues with my house and fred has been very helpful and responded in a timely manner. I am actually going there in a few days to have some warranty work done.  He made this work with my schedule and I do appreciate it.  But to anyone looking at elite premium you will have to wait but you will be happy with your ice house.

I just got back from having my warranty work done with elite.  The issues were small but fred and his employees fixed everything, even stuff that I broke.  So I would say things are in the right direction and I hope elite can stay in business because I would like to by another one in 20 years. 

The quality of the house I got from Elite was great.....I wouldn't say it was any better than the Yetti I have.The welds I feel are better on the Yetti but I like some things on the Elite better. Big difference was I could build the size I want which I couldn't do with the Yetti. But the promise date and the constant lies from Fred about my house being built was enough for me that I will never go back to him again. I finally had to submit a claim to the BBB and was in the process of filing with state about this issue. It wasn't until then that he finally started to do something. One issue I have had to deal with is the rear ramp door leaking water terribly bad. I addressed this issue several times with Fred and the response I got from him was we will look into the gasket. I have asked several times since then to have him fix it and no response. Finally I ordered the dam gasket my myself and fixed it and no problems since. 

Was the quality good? Yes....but the customer service is absolutely horrible that it would drive me not to go back or recommend anyone to him. I own a small business myself and I will go out of the way to make sure my customer comes first. I have had quality issues at times with my product and I drop everything to fix it for them. If I am late on a promised delivery date I give my customers a constant update and I will give them a discount if I am late. They never have to call me to get an update. I never got a discount or anything from Fred....almost 5 months later than the promised date. And not once did he ever update me unless I asked. Also from what I learned from this is I would never put 50% down on a fish house again. I never ask for any money up front on my product and it is far more than what a fish house cost. 

If I treated my customers like I got treated with Elite with the lies I would be out of business. Sorry but no excuse for poor customer service and it will drive you out of business.

3 hours ago, hdbiker said:

The quality of the house I got from Elite was great.....I wouldn't say it was any better than the Yetti I have.The welds I feel are better on the Yetti but I like some things on the Elite better. Big difference was I could build the size I want which I couldn't do with the Yetti. But the promise date and the constant lies from Fred about my house being built was enough for me that I will never go back to him again. I finally had to submit a claim to the BBB and was in the process of filing with state about this issue. It wasn't until then that he finally started to do something. One issue I have had to deal with is the rear ramp door leaking water terribly bad. I addressed this issue several times with Fred and the response I got from him was we will look into the gasket. I have asked several times since then to have him fix it and no response. Finally I ordered the dam gasket my myself and fixed it and no problems since. 

Was the quality good? Yes....but the customer service is absolutely horrible that it would drive me not to go back or recommend anyone to him. I own a small business myself and I will go out of the way to make sure my customer comes first. I have had quality issues at times with my product and I drop everything to fix it for them. If I am late on a promised delivery date I give my customers a constant update and I will give them a discount if I am late. They never have to call me to get an update. I never got a discount or anything from Fred....almost 5 months later than the promised date. And not once did he ever update me unless I asked. Also from what I learned from this is I would never put 50% down on a fish house again. I never ask for any money up front on my product and it is far more than what a fish house cost. 

If I treated my customers like I got treated with Elite with the lies I would be out of business. Sorry but no excuse for poor customer service and it will drive you out of business.

Thank you for taking the time to tell us how you feel! i agree with you 100%, never put 50% down on a product before you get delivery. This just screams of cash flow issues with the owner of the business. If you look into Fred's history you will see multiple claims in the Minnesota court system of people being owed money by him. There are so many legitimate builders out there to choose from. I believe the next house I purchase will be from Chris @ Bebergs, this guy more than goes out of his way communicating and has passion about the products he sells!! Everyone be careful with your hard earned money, be safe and we will see you on the ice in a few months!

Well I guess the Black bear fish house boys don't respond to customers either.  Sent emails and got nothing back.  Called once and got a "number not in service".  page has not been updated for a year or so either.  Sad deal.  Looks like they build or built a nice house.

Anyone in Litchfield know if they are still around?

If and when I buy it will be a house that has the best quality I can find. ( maybe I should just buy one of Liprippers houses)  I do not want an IC only to replace it in a few years.  I will use it year round and don't want to be running back to dealer for repairs.  If I had more time I would build my own.

If i bought something now it would be a Yetti.