• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mule Deer Trip?

Siwulat

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping to have a shot at a mule deer and am looking forward to covering a lot of ground. I am guessing we will be doing spot and stalk. How many days are we looking at, I am all over hunting all week if we need to. Just so you know that week is firearm antelope season so we might have to adjust our hunting accordingly. Minky where are you from, I agree we should all hook up sometime and try to hammer out some details.

Frog,

I live in Brooklyn Park but grew up in Braham, north of Cambridge.

I wonder how much pressure from rifle lope season will put on our muley hunt?

I am still game to go but we may need a whole week of hunting.

I can't put in for vacation yet but will as soon as possible.

Good call on antelope firearm season Frog, the season is tentatively set to open on 10/3, so at least it wouldn't be the opening weekend. I think planning a whole week to hunt would be smart; better to have more time than less.

Frog, how often are you in the Metro? TH, where in the Metro do you live?

I am pretty much wide open on weekends to get together. I am in Apple Valley, so anywhere in the Cities works for me. Perhaps we can set something up for mid February.

I get down there every once and a while, I have a couple friends that live in Lakeville. I was thinking hunting the full week also. I might head out there before rifle season to go antelope hunting and do some scouting, probably just do a long weekend in August or mid September. I have Sat-Mon off usually so let me know when you want to meet up.

Ok great. Sounds like somewhere in the golden valley/SLP/Hopkins area would be central. Could the four of us get together the weekend after next, so 2/7 or 2/8? Or would later in the month be better? Also suggestions on meeting location?

I am free the afternoon of the 7th.

From the postings on here, it sounds like the afternoon on the 7th works for everyone?

Now we just need to pick a meeting place and time.

Should we bring whatever SD maps and other research we have?

I think planning this trip is going be part of the fun!

Yep sounds like the afternoon of 2/7 will work. Frog, why don't you let us know what time you could be down and we can consider it a plan. JJ's sounds good to everyone?

I'd say bring any maps or information you have that you think will be helpful.

minky, I've got a list started that I can bring with. There's some stuff everyone will need to bring, and some stuff that can be used for the group (camp stove, etc) that only one person needs to bring.

I haven't gone on a out-of-state hunting trip, but have done tons of camping trips (short and long ones).