• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Auger Help!!

pheasantpro10

So I have an older mag 2000 and I always stored it with an empty fuel tank. Well 2 years ago I was reading and people leave gas in it to keep the seals lubricated so I tried it and boy do I regret it. So I had the carbs cleaned and now I have to play with the choke to get it to drill a hole otherwise it will die when pressure is put on it. So I brought it in the cabin for the night to melt of the ice. Then the next morning it ran perfect from the start didn't play with the choke or nothing. So could it be my carb or what do you guy's think... I'm lost and hate messing around when the fish are biting. It's the original carb and the auger. Thanks for all your help.

either method works good, running the the tank dry for storage or leaving gas in it with additive in the gas like stabil, which I'm assuming you didn't put in your tank. sounds like you have a clogged jet. id suggest cleaning the carb or if all else fails get a new carb.

Gas can have some moisture in it so its not uncommon for an auger to run good after it warms up and thaws out. When carbs and metal are really cold any moisture that contacts it can freeze up and cause problems. I store my auger with fuel in it and try to remember to start it once a month or so all year. Sitting is where you have problems on anything with a carb.