• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone want to go Antelope hunting this fall?

frogtosser

I am planning to go out west antelope hunting this fall and its getting to be time to start applying for tags, I was thinking of eastern Wyoming but am not sure of what area. If anyone wants to go together or would let me tag along I'd love to work something out.

Hi frogtosser, I'm going lope hunting this Fall, but unfortunately it won't work to team up on this hunt. We've been collecting points for a number of years and our hunt is all planned out and set. Good luck in planning and finding a compadre' for the hunt!

Oooo, fun, fun, fun. I think a bunch of us that went a couple years ago MAY be planning on going again. Absolutely love hunting the prairie. We will be archery hunting Eastern Montana.

DonBo if you have any pointers or need someone to tag along I'm all ears, I am interested in going anywhere the goats are.

I'm certain there's more goats in WY than MT (or anywhere else as far as that goes). We used an outfitter and hunted pretty early in the season. Waterholes was the plan, and most were taken there, but heavy rains one night caused many to spot and stock. Some were taken that way. I shot mine at a well used gate crossing.

The rut is around mid Sept. and I guess decoying is a lot of fun at this time.

MT tags don't need to be in till June and archery is pretty much a for-sure draw, no clue about WY.

IF we go, and IF we're looking for extras I certainly will give a shout out.

I hunted WY last year and found the HSOforum to be a bit more user friendly than MT, at least as far as research was concerned. That being said, WY does not have an easy way to view all the public land and the portion of the site that lists the state WIAs is archaic at best. It probably helped that I didn't have any points to deal with either!

I hunted WY last year and found the HSOforum to be a bit more user friendly than MT, at least as far as research was concerned. That being said, WY does not have an easy way to view all the public land and the portion of the site that lists the state WIAs is archaic at best. It probably helped that I didn't have any points to deal with either!

The Montana site isn't the greatest to work with but there BLM info and getting maps are awesome, when we got out there were couldn't believe how well everything was marked you knew when you were leaving something public and getting into private. I have done a ton of research for WY might try to get a left over tag someplace this year, it sounds like its the total opposite then MT. Some of the public land especially in the eastern part is land locked by private and you have slim to no chance to get on it without opening the check book, and its poorly marked.