• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spinning jigs!

jmillsp

OK, I got kind of sick and tired yesterday while ice fishin watchin my little Rat Finke slowly spin with my camera! When the fish aren't aggressive, like yesterday, you can't have a spinning jig! What do you guys do to prevent this problem?? I sometimes put a little swivel up about a foot or so from the jig. That seems to help. I would add that I am using Okuma fly reels so as to help prevent twist in my line! I think my buddie has less twist problems using his old Schooleys!!

I purchased a fly fishing leader straigtner and use it often. Like every three times I put the lure down the hole. It is two pieces of leather with rubber pads glued to the insides. Just run the line through the middle so it touches the rubber pads and it does wonders for line twist. Takes like 10 seconds to do. I purchased several in-line reels hoping to eliminate line twist, it helped a lot but doesn't eliminate it.