• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Eskimo QF3i vs fatfish

hamms-scooter

I have both a Quickfish 3I which is 70"x70" on the bottom and a 949I Fatfish which is 94"x94" on the bottom. Both great popups. I use the 3I when I go alone, but the 949I works great also. I use the 949I when I want to stay overnight. I have slept in the 949I several nights and stayed nice and warm. The 949I also has 2 doors - the QF 3I has one door.

If you primarily fish alone -- check out the Eskimo Wideone Inferno flip.

Just a note that the quickfish are not a side zipper bag like the fatfish models. For that reason I would go with the fatfish.

I bought a 767i about a month ago and the bag is now the open end draw string, not the zippered duffle. Just FYI.

I picked the 767 due to size preference as well. The 949 IS nice but I don't need it that big so I thought I'd skip the extra weight and space consumption.

I just bought and used the qf3i. I love it way better than the 767 I had the zippers were always hard to open and them stupid flaps that go over the zippers are a pain. I do tip ups alot and liked the qf3i because i can stand and get in and out of the house. the 767 i felt like i was being born again coming out. the 767 is a little bigger but the insulated is awesome i cant compare apples to oranges because of the insulation but size wise i like the qf3i better i had a 949I it was nice but to big and bulky plus this one today -5 degrees outside my wife actually took her coat off she was warm also mine has 2 doors on it.