• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Being its a free weekend in WI for fishing, was considering trying Cedar for some walleyes. have heard some good things about Cedar and since I'm too cheap to pay for a out of state license, this weekend will be perfect time.

Not looking for specifics, more so I have few hours in early morning and few hours in evening, either time better than the other?

Planning on taking two colleagues out on Cedar this Saturday, who have never been ice fishing. Being a MN resident and not familiar with this lake...just wondering what ice conditions are on the SW and S side. I'd like to drive my truck out if possible...

Please let me know! Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

JD

I guess I'll reply to my own post. Roughly 20inches of ice on the lake. Lots of guys driving trucks out, but does not mean it is safe. We set up on the cribs and caught a bunch of crappies and sunnies. At dark, the panfish shut off and we started catching rock bass. Kind of weird...

Only had one flag on a tip-up. Took about 3ft of line out and dropped it.

There's really not a lot of secrets to the lake. The crib locations have publicly posted GPS coordinates, the regulations ensure that fish will be present, and there's no real tricks to catching fish there. The only thing to know is the Navionics map is very wrong about there being a 23 foot deep hole cut into the southern shelf.