• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Marcum PanCam

Rouney725110

Right now I have a Vexilar FS2000DT. I really like the new Marcum PanCam and am thinking of selling the Vexilar and buying the new Marcum PanCam. I'm in the process of building a fish house right now think it would be awesome in there! Considering we will have TV hook ups all over the place for it. The only thing I don't like about it is that there isn't a screen on it. So if I do want to use it in my portable, I need to hold my phone out all the time and risk dropping it in the hole. What are your guy's thoughts on this?

Here is a link to my fish house build: http://hotspotoutdoors.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3307650/fish-house-build

I posted my review on a couple of different forums, I returned my PanCam a few days after using it...The Panner motor is junk and the output video resolution is terrible. The software is buggy, but this is to be expected with such a new product, Marcum will probably release an update soon, but there's no updating the Panner motor, you're stuck with it...

Great idea, terrible execution...wait till next year to see if they upgrade the panner motor....

If you drill your hole for the camera 1 foot from your bait the Pancam may work for you. After about 4 feet your resolution is so bad you cant make out anything. I compared it to my old underwater camera and there was a significant difference in resolution. For the right application I think it could be a great tool. Hopefully they will make improvements especially on the panner and the resolution.

If you drill your hole for the camera 1 foot from your bait the Pancam may work for you. After about 4 feet your resolution is so bad you cant make out anything. I compared it to my old underwater camera and there was a significant difference in resolution. For the right application I think it could be a great tool. Hopefully they will make improvements especially on the panner and the resolution.
Princeton - Are you exporting your pancam video output to a TV? In my testing the video resolution on the wireless device paired to the pancam seemed on par with other Marcum camera's, but when you playback a recorded video is when the resolution is pretty much unwatchable...thus when the video signal is exported, the pancam then uses a very low bitrate/resolution to make the file/signal more easily "sendable"

I tried it both ways. Direct output to a TV was better than thru wireless. On wireless using a I phone the resolution was ok, on my I Pad it was really bad and unusable. I agree the recorded video was really bad to the point of unusable.

Side note is that I have been using underwater cameras for probably 15 years and in the early days even built my own when they were over $1,000 when they first came out. Cameras have their limitations due to water clarity, sunlight, etc.. There just seems to be something off. This is my first Mar Cum, maybe its the cameras they use that I am not used to?

Princeton, it's not the specific camera or marcum in general, it's this pan cam. It just sucks.

Call me a marcum fan, I made the switch from other brands in both flashers and cameras and have been VERY happy to date. My VS825SD is the best camera I've used hands down. This pan cam is a great idea, the execution is just horrid.

Buddy and I have 2 of them, thinking tipups would be great with these on them. We couldn't get them to work from 40 feet away in the outdoors! Let alone inside the shack. 40 feet may even be generous, we couldn't hardly get them to work standing on top of them. Video was bad, video would stop streaming, panner wouldn't work. Very disappointed.