• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

09 sle tranny fluid leak

I have an 09 sierra sle crew cab with 60k on it and I have a tranny fluid leak coming from the fitting on the hose that connects to the lower passenger side of the radiator. Can I just cut the hose, buy appropriate rubber hose and clamps and fix that way or what is the proper way?

The factory has terrible crimp connections on the OEM lines.

If you buy new ones typically they will leak again,

I think some guys are removing the crimp and flaring the line and having success.

Probably goggle it.........

I would make sure that fix doesn't mess with your powertrain warranty. I can see it now.....sir because of the fix you did to the tranny line your warranty is void. But that fixed the leak and would have nothing to do with the tranny breaking. We know sir but that is our policy.........

I never thought of the powertrain warranty since I am the second owner of the vehicle. I will look into that. Thanks for the heads up. The fittings are junk, seems like it is a pretty common problem.

Probably say "Made in China" right were more and more parts for GMC are made every day. Sad, very sad.