Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
FWR

Furnace question

I started my forced air Atwood furnace at 4PM tonight in my yard preparing to go out tomorrow. The interior temp was 0. It took 2.5 hours to get to 50 and it was set at 60.

The furnace would fire and stay on for a couple of min, the burner would stop for a few seconds but fan would stay on. It would then fire again and the burner would stay on for a few seconds and then turn off. This continued for 2.5 hrs.

I have 2 30lb tanks, I turned one tank on very slowly, the regulator was clear of snow, the furnace vent was clear and sealed during storage, my tanks are full, my battery is charged and I turned on my stove burners for 10 min and they work great.

Should it take 2.5 hours to raise a 6.5x12 house 50 degrees?

A month ago I fired it up when it was 20 degrees out and it took 20 min and it was 65.

Thoughts?

Limit switch failure or a partially plugged combustion chamber (mouse nest?).

Also, just an FYI. If this is a direct spark model, when it trips out, the circuit board should emit a flashing red light? Count the flashes. I don't have a copy of the manual with me, but Atwood could tell you the issue based on the number of flashes.

I had a very similar problem with my Atwood recently. It would try 3 times to light and then lock out until I turned it off and on. Eventually it would light but wouldn't put out much heat, took an hour to get from 0 to 40. When it would fail to light I determined it may be something related to the gas because the sequence of events leading up to the actual flame seemed normal and it didn't appear like anything was plugged. I changed the regulator because it was an easy thing to try, the furnace has been working since. I don't know if this would help but seemed to work in my case.

Update..

I changed my dual regulator to a single reg low pressure rated at 11 W.C. This is what Atwood recommends. It has been running and cycling like it should since 9 this morning.

It took 12 min to warm up from 8 to 70.

I hope this does the trick. A little more of a pain to change tanks but I will deal with it as long as it works.

Thank you all replies and suggestions.