• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Waterproof GPS for ATV use

hanronson

As far as the Nuvi's go, you'll be out of luck finding any kind of upgrade to your 500, that one and the 550 were the only 2 made that were 100% waterproof.

Garmin does make the ZUMO 590LM motorcycle navigation device that is much like a Nuvi, it's built for the outdoor elements BUT it's comes at a very steep price compared to the Nuvi's. If you have a Garmin datacard, I would think it will work in the Zumo.

Maybe someone makes an Otterbox type of case for the Nuvis, that would be about the only way you'll make the new ones waterproof.

Good Luck!

Mike

I have an H2Oc I have mounted on the left side handlebars with a RAM mount. It works great for ATV rides but obviously doesn't show trails. It does draw a line so the times I have been out on the trails it's created me my own trail map just from the lines.

I also have an Lowrance Gen 1 HDS 7 on the right side handlebar with a RAM Mount that I use for ice fishing. Again even with a chip it doesn't show trails. I mainly use that for ice fishing GPS with the Chip in it. I would never use that for actual riding.

I am looking to sell my HDS 7 GEN 1 NO Transducer for the right price if you're interested. CHIP not included but I would be willing to toss is in for some extra cash. It's the latest Lowrance Insight Chip. I want to buy a smaller 5" Elite 5 for my boat. The 7 is a bit large.

$550 with bracket, power cord, screen cover. This does not have insight as I like the chip better. Chip is another $50 as it's the last years chips. I can send pics or video of it working as well. Open to a reasonable offer BUT I have looked all over and the price above is reasonable.

I have a transducer but got a decoy rope while duck hunting get caught in my prop and broke it off the mount. Some gorilla glue would probably be a decent temp fix and I can send it as well. I have the manuals as well.