• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Legend Cartography - Lowrance Chips

Im here to introduce some new mapping options for Lowrance Users.

Legend Cartography has started making maps for Lowrance products in Minnesota and North Dakota. Even an additional Legacy version for all of the LCX, LMS, and H20c guys.

Most recently LC has added the Mississippi River Pools 1-9 SAF and the St.Croix river to the collection of GPS maps that also includes Devils Lake ND in HD (200+others In ND as well as standard maps), Lake Bemidji and Plantaganet in a 1ft HD Map. On the Bemidji chip, users also get 1500+ standard maps throughout Mn.

Now there is more than one option to fishermen for the combination of HD contours and aerial imagery. The UNLEASHED series of products allows users to toggle on or off high resolution aerial imagery.

Cool. Imagery, right? Not so much. In the case of Devils Lake, the imagery is from when the lake was at historic lows allowing fishermen to literally see what they're fishing. The sewage disposal ponds tend to be a source of conversation among anglers. . .

The Mississippi Imagery product has imagery sharp enough to see some of the buoys, peoples docks, boat accesses, cars on the road etc.

I've attached a couple of screen shots for viewing. For more information, visit their page www.legendcartography.com or check them out on facebook.

They're made right here in Minnesota!

Mississippi River Unleashed

full-43146-52130-p2.jpg

Mississippi River Unleashed

full-43146-52131-unleashed_contoursimage

Mississippi River Legend Lakes

full-43146-52132-p7.jpg

Devils Lake Unleashed

full-43146-52133-clipboard01.jpg

Devils Lake Unleashed

full-43146-52134-hdcontours.jpg

Bemidji Legend Lakes

full-43146-52135-bemidji.jpg

Bemidji Legend Lakes

full-43146-52136-plantaganette.jpg

Bemidji Legacy

full-43146-52137-features.jpg

I have had lakemaster for years and lowrances insight after the Jo acquisition. I cannot speak personally as to its comparison directly to nav, but the others' maps on Bemidji are 3ft maps vs LCs 1ft. I know the data in the Bemidji product was surveyed this past open water season. If you're a Bemidji guy I can personally attest to the fact that you'll really appreciate the area north of grassy. There's a few spots that don't show on the other products.

The devils products seem to have gained a pretty good reputation as well.