• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Thermal Pop up Mods

Hydrostreamin

I also just picked up the 1660 Thermal.

I ordered some LED's from amazon for $8 that I am very impressed with. Search pure white LED waterproof and they are the first lights that come up. They have adhesive tape on the back. I also bought the connectors to tie them together. I didn't think it would be good to leave the lights in the house when folded up, so I cut 4 pieces of 1/2" PVC pipe (40" each I think)and cut the LED strip to the length of each pipe. I tied S hooks to a hole I drilled in the PVC pipe that hook on over the poles on the top of the house. It seems to be plenty of light. The lights come off easy and go into the bag with the house.

Here's a couple of pictures of how it turned out.

full-21848-52059-image1.jpg

full-21848-52060-img_0566.jpg

I bought the rechargable wand lights from menards ($19). Tried it last night in the new 1660 Thermal and it looked like daylight. 2 settings on them and they hang from the poles horizontally. Use to have the rope lights but they seemed unreliable and half the time they would work other times just a small section would work.