• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hard time selling my ION

fishinfan

I have a 2 year old ION 8" auger, Think works great. I was asking $425 OBO is this too high? I can't seem to get any bites on it. I have probably only drilled 150 holes with it.

The only reason I want to sell is to get a new one with the reverse option. I want this for my Dad so he doesn't have to bend down at each hole and skim them. (he has a bad back for getting up and down).

Is there anywhere that would trade it in on a new one?

I just bought a brand new 8" Ion (w/ reverse). I paid $499 and got free shipping, no sales tax (out of state) and a set of replacement blades ($40 value). Dick's Sporting goods also had them for $435 w/ free shipping on one of their 4hr "lunch" sales one day last month...

I was going to buy a 1yr old used Ion from a guy that 2 batteries for $400. I decided for the extra $100 I could get one with reverse & warranty. His was a dam good deal, especially with an extra $150 battery!

So, I hate to say it...but you may be a tad high on your asking price for a 2yr old one with no warranty and no reverse feature.

I have a 2 year old ION 8" auger, Think works great. I was asking $425 OBO is this too high? I can't seem to get any bites on it. I have probably only drilled 150 holes with it.

The only reason I want to sell is to get a new one with the reverse option. I want this for my Dad so he doesn't have to bend down at each hole and skim them. (he has a bad back for getting up and down).

Is there anywhere that would trade it in on a new one?

I had a two year old model that I was selling so that i could get the new one with reverse. Starting asking price was $400 and i didnt get any bites so I ended up selling it for $360 with an extra 18" extension. I think i only had about 65 holes drilled with it.

I bought the new Ion and sold my 2 year old one for 420.00 it took a few week but it sold. I would say hold tight it's still early, after Christmas if it hasn't sold I would start to panic. As far as used being worth 1/2 price that sounds great and all, but come on, that would be like saying a year old Honda strike lite 300 bucks, used marcum lx7 350 or used otter xt1200 350.00 it's just not going to happen.