• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hey everyone.

Can we start to update eachother about the ice conditions. I live in cities and don't want to drive from here to there to check ice and fish status.

Thanks in advance.

Good luck everyone!

In the morning I will go to couple lakes (big butternut, bone, Mckenzie) I will update those lakes. I really think we can share some info. Nobody is asking for anyone's hotspot. Just the conditions. Please try to update

Ice update as of Saturday:

11" on the south end of Bone

Consistent 11.5-12" on Big Butternut

Deer Lake was variable, found just 7.5" at the winter landing, 8-12" on the northwest bay. I did not go around the point.

A pretty consistent 11.5-12" on Balsam from Forest Circle into the big narrows.

As for fishing, it sucked pretty much everywhere. Lots of small fish found.

There is some snow on the lakes, but with the brutal cold now here I would think they should be able add 4" of ice or so by the end of the week.

Thanks for the updates! Hope to get up there this weekend near Turtle lake. I was just wondering if I needed to bring the snowmobile up or maybe be able to drive my truck out there. Hope I can catch something been to busy and haven't even drilled a hole yet this season. Really appreciate the updates.

Thanks for the updates! Hope to get up there this weekend near Turtle lake. I was just wondering if I needed to bring the snowmobile up or maybe be able to drive my truck out there. Hope I can catch something been to busy and haven't even drilled a hole yet this season. Really appreciate the updates.

I would guess that most every lake in the area would be safe to drive on (obviously watch for known bad areas with current/springs etc.)

Call a gas station or bait shop in the area to pick their brain. And as always, remember there is no such thing as safe ice.

I drove by the access for East Balsam and saw a couple of trucks out there on Saturday. I don't know how thick the ice is or even if they were full size trucks. Hoping to get out with my son this weekend so any tips on where the panfish are cooperating would be great!