• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Generator Oil?

nels824

5w30 in the winter 10w30 the rest of the year. I recommend small engine oil but any performance oil will work well just stay away from cheap auto oil those don't have high enough zinc and moly levels for small engines.

Been running cheap 5w30 in our Honda since new. Think it's going on 5 years now. I do change after every trip. We run non-stop the entire trip so roughly every 100 hours and could probably double that since there is no discoloration of the oil at all. Not going to mess with it without a lab analysis though. Company I work for wants oil changed on all small engines at 25 hours running synthetic 30w. PITA when pumping water for days on end.

I run synthetic oil and also changed it after every weekend of fishing . Oil is cheap and it takes so little I just change it a lot, some may think this is overkill but I do not have issues. This last 4 days on Upper Red, still there, I probably put on close to 25 hours of run time. I use 5-30.

I had a powerhouse, it worked great at first (3 times out) then had carb issues, tehn the recoil broke, had it fixed, and the same carb problems came up again. I sold it and bought a Honda, do yourself a favor and buy a good one right away. The Briggs and Stratton has been a good one for my brother in law, another friend has the Ryobi and has had great luck with his.