• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake Thompson fishing reports by Prairiestorm Outfitters

we are Prairestorm Outfitters and this report is from Lake Thompson South Dakota. We provide hunting and fishing guide services and reports from the area. Feel free to share your reports as well. If you're interested in great lake thompson fishing reports add this to your watch topics list. we will keep it updated. if you have questions please feel free to ask!

Today on Lake Thompson we fished in shaferers slough in 6 F.O.W. and kept 18 crappies 11 to 14 inches. the bight picked up from 2 pm to 5 pm. The bobber fishing was most effective 2 ft off the bottom catching the active suspended fish.

That's the first report I've heard where bobbers outfished other presentations.

200 people there last weekend; should only be around 350 there this weekend then...I wonder how many trucks will bust through there this year? Oh well, all the pressure on Shaffers bodes well for less pressure on the other area lakes I guess.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

I found bobber fishing out produced jig fishing on Shaffers slough as well. Nice crappies too. I'm guessing the fishing will go down when a few hundred are on that spot in shallow water this weekend. Plenty of other good spots in the area anyway.

I'm guessing the fishing will go down when a few hundred are on that spot in shallow water this weekend. Plenty of other good spots in the area anyway.

There have been a few hundred people fishing schaeffers every weekend there is safe ice for the last 3 years. Mind boggling, really.