• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Twins Hot Stove talk

toughguy

Kinda fun to watch isnt it?

When they fall behind, I still think they will comeback, and they seem to.  Far exceeds my expectations so far.

Oh ya, Torri Hunter is our MVP so far IMHO.  I believe he has this clubhouse tight.  Havent had that In years.

was at the game yesterday, was the first time in a few years that I have attended a game at Target field and enjoyed it start to finish. Good crowd on hand to watch what ended up being a great game. Was a good way to spend the day with the family.

They could start losing again yeah that is right... but at least we have seen there is HOPE and they have shown they can compete in the short term, now work on competing LONG TERM for the whole year. We have prospects again getting ready and the core is learning to win... that is a good feeling even if they cannot sustain this season.

Well they are starting to turn into the team we all thought they were

​Always have to be right don't ya!:angry::angry:

Well, my hope for a decent season is still alive.  I was just wishing the return to the mean would take a little longer.

Well they are starting to turn into the team we all thought they were

Yep. We better fire the entire coaching and front office staff. Also release the entire team and hire a highschool to play in twins uniforms. Cut them some slack man. Nobody expected playoffs preseason, so the fact they have some chemistry is a good place to build for the future.

last year they were scoring runs and not pitching well. this year the pitching as of late has been improved since last year but they just are not hitting well at all lately. The hitting is more likely to correct itself..... I hope! :)

They play 28 games in June,  they would have to go 8-20 to go below .500

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

They need to play better against poor teams. The Twins have some nice pieces. They are very young and I am excited about the future.

Will that be this year...I doubt it but wouldn't mind if they did. At this point the future looks bright. A lot of good stuff still developing for the Twins.

Nice home stand sweep over the O's! After their "June Swoon" their 5-3 start to July appears to be a step in the right direction. Was able to catch the games on the tube the last two nights and for what I've accomplished today, probably should've tuned in the game instead at least on the radio. The Monday and Tuesday games were fun to watch, showcasing some of their young talent and Dozier hitting a walk off home run the first night. Would be great to see them fatten up their record with 4 home games against the Tigers before All Star break. 

Good job Dozier! Became only the 3rd twins player to hit a home run in the all star game...1st since Puckett back in '93. Perhaps the stage is now set for game 7 of the world series at target field? Perkins on the mound for the save, facing Bryce Harper, snow beginning to fall at a heavy pace as the twins cling to a 1 run lead. Good stuff!

well it was a good run there for a while. Here come the white sox!

I guess I was initially looking for the twins to make a move but after the last few games I am not sure giving up any young prospects is worth it.

They need some relief help I would like to see them bring up Caleb Thielbar again not sure why he hasn't been given a chance this year.

Bull pen is not doing its job right now, but then the bats aren't either!  They are in a rut and need to break out that is for sure otherwise that wildcard spot is going to slip away. Better then expected though still hanging around in the beginning of August, who would have thought that?

the offense is terrible as of late and the bullpen isn't too far behind.

Just saw this stat on twitter:

Since Plouffe's grand slam on 07/17, the Twins are 0-15 with bases loaded. (7 k's and 2 DP) and haven't scored a single run.

Another thing I don't understand, why does nobody in the Twin Cities sports media talk about how awful Mauer is this year?

Also how long do we let Arcia waste away in AAA?

Edited by rundrave