• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

13 fishing ticklestick

DLD24

Used mine yesterday. Great rod. I'm happy with it and it has a place in my rod bag. Biggest fish landed with it was a 12" walleye. But hoisted it out of the hole no problem. Wasn't cold so no freezing but didn't notice any water build up like I did on my recoil guides on my other custom rods.

I am a huge 13 fishing guy. I got one right away as I liked the idea. First time out I fished most of the day with it and the first 4 guides kept freezing up. Also I was jigging for crappies at a hole and I happened to notice the tip going down my line. It broke off just after the second guide while I was jigging lol. I brought it back and purchased another 13 wicked ice rod instead.

I was pretty disappointed with the rod.

Has anyone tried these out?? The tip on them seems like itd be awesome, but the only thing I didn't like was the guides were tiny, I bet icing up would be a hassle...

You are correct...the guides on mine freeze up way to easily but overall the sensitivity is awesome...loads up quick so you really can set the hook hard without ripping the hook out of their "papermouth". Overall I'd rate it a B+.

Bought a 23" UL at St Paul ice show, got it home put the reel on. Went to spool up the reel with line. Rod tip broke. Ordered a 23" L and got it all set up. Pulled it out of my rod bag friday evening on the lake. Tip was snapped. Not impressed. $50 per rod and neither one has been wet. Pretty frustrated but I did send an email to 13 Fishing so I hope they stand behind their product. Not that I want them to send me another Tickle Stick

broke in the rod slick I put it in.

I stopped using rod slicks after the tips of 2 Meatsticks broke off in them. Just put them in the case w/out them and have never had a problem since.

how are people transporting these rods?  I love my 23" UL, but i am afraid to put it in my rod bag.  It usually rides around on the dash of my truck to and from the lake.  

I want to check out the 38" hole hopper too.  Any one use that yet?

Got one last Christmas love the feel great hook set great sensitivity. But it does ice up easily. Just got another one this year haven't used it yet but they made the eyes bigger at the end. This may help a little. It is still one heck of a lot easier to de ice than spring bobbers. 

Whats really great bout it is for shakeing the jig when u got a fish interested. The end although super sensitive doesn't wobble like sb or super flex rods so when u stop your jig stops I love that control.

The eyes freezing is the only thing not great about these rods to me. But it is ice fishing. No big deal to me as long as I'm not fishing in really polluted lake

I've used the Tickle Stick and new Widow Makers quite a bit this year. I really do love me. As mmp98 said, WAY easier than using a spring bobber for me personally. I used to break spring bobbers all the time (or bend them to the point of not being usable). The Flat / Colored Tip on these rods has solved that. I take at least 5 of them out with me every trip, never had an issue with them breaking. I've transported in a hard case and also the Striker Ice Transporter bag which included backpacking them a 1/2 mile into the woods.

As for the rod itself, the thing I like the most on either the Tickle Stick or the Widow Maker is the amount of backbone they have for a super sensitive rod. It leads to awesome hook sets even in deep water. This is has always been a frustration of mine with the super sensitive, noodly rods. These solved that.

I found this video last season when I bought my first Tickle Stick and was googling how to store them. This is exactly how I store all of them since, the tips are always flat when I pull them out of the case: