• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

FOUND MY STOLEN HONDA EU2000i GENERATOR!!!

B-man715

I have a great update for you guys smile

With a little detective work of my own I led the Police to recover my stolen generator!

I've been watching the C -list since it was stolen, and 12 days ago I posted a wanted ad for a Honda 2000.

I've gotten nearly a dozen replies, none of which were mine, but then on Tuesday a guy sends me pictures of mine!! $750 cash wink

I called the police and we set up a sting operation to buy it from the crook smile

As it turns out, the guy who sent me the pics had bought it from the thief a day after it was stolen.....

So needless to say, the rest of my stuff is still missing, but the police are working on tracking down the guy. I hope they catch him and nail him with a felony wink

Did the middle man get charged with anything? Possession of stolen goods?

Common sense should have told him that it was probably stolen when he supposedly bought it. When a price seems to be too good to be true it probably is for a reason.

Glad to hear you got it back though. I have a friend that got his bike back doing the same thing you did. He found it on Craigs list and brought the cops when he went to buy it back from the thief. He got extra lucky and got to watch the cops tackle the bum as he tried to run away.

Did the middle man get charged with anything? Possession of stolen goods?

Common sense should have told him that it was probably stolen when he supposedly bought it. When a price seems to be too good to be true it probably is for a reason.

Glad to hear you got it back though. I have a friend that got his bike back doing the same thing you did. He found it on Craigs list and brought the cops when he went to buy it back from the thief. He got extra lucky and got to watch the cops tackle the bum as he tried to run away.

I have purchased some items and the price was way low, people needed the cash. The guy that had it will more than likely not be charged with anything as he only purchased a item. What he is out is the cash he paid, should be a lesson learned.

Bought a rifle once, hard airline alum case and 6 boxes of shells from a guy once for the price of the shells. I did have the serial number checked and it was not stolen. Sometimes people simply offer items very inexpensive as they need some money.

Almost felt bad paying him so little but, that was his asking price.

I love pay back!!! laugh

When I was in Jr, high I caught the kids that stole my Go cart one year and Mini bike the next! But they weren't smart enough not to ride it down the street a few blocks away from where they took it! grin

That's awesome!

I sort of feel bad for the middle guy though. If he really is an innocent party, then he is out the money he paid for it. Seriously how is someone supposed to know if something is stolen or not? I've bought a lot of things on hsolist and for all I know they all have been stolen.

Thanks guys, the middleman was an honest 70 year old guy with a clean record.

He happened to have a wanted ad on the list when mine went missing. He had bought a different one first when the crook got a hold of him and sold him mine for $600.

The older gentlemen is P-oed, cause he is now out that money and he is hoping just as much as I they catch him. He did buy it with the intention of reselling it for a small profit, and is now wayyyy in the hole.......

I should get mine back in a few days.

Thanks guys, the middleman was an honest 70 year old guy with a clean record.

He happened to have a wanted ad on the list when mine went missing. He had bought a different one first when the crook got a hold of him and sold him mine for $600.

The older gentlemen is P-oed, cause he is now out that money and he is hoping just as much as I they catch him. He did buy it with the intention of reselling it for a small profit, and is now wayyyy in the hole.......

I should get mine back in a few days.

Good for you!!!!!

Curious as to how you got the police to be involved. I would think that crossing jurisdictional lines would be a problem. Plus it really isn't that high of a charge if they catch the guy. i think it's great that you were able to pull it off. Tell us how so we're ready for the next time.