• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ThermaCELL ProFLEX reviews

TheHogSeeker

YEah they are a bit spendy, but I did break down and buy a pair a few weeks ago. I hate cold hands and feet. I have been out in the stand bowhunting a few times in these cold temperatures. I actually just got out of the stand a couple hours ago and my feet never got cold. The insoles keep your feet at around body temperature, so not too hot so they get sweaty. I love that the batteries are a cinch to remove after use without having to remove the insole. I have Under Armour boots in size 11 and the insoles slid right in, in place of the original ones, no trimming necessary. To me, they are just as comfortable as any insole I have used in a hunting boot, even with the technology. Hope this helps.

After a while on stand, no matter what brand of boot, or how many grams of insulation were involved in the boots I have worn, my feet get cold after a while especially with single or below 0 temps and wind chills. That's just my reasoning for using the insoles.

For that cost, how about a better pair of warmer boots? full-27051-51351-augie.gif

Or just buy these and use one of the half dozen pairs most of us already have...

It's a horse a piece to me. Spend the money on bigger and maybe heavier boots or modify my smaller boots to handle the temps. Don't get me wrong, $179 is not nuthin'.

I hope they got the issues they have with the originals fixed. I bought a set last year and they dont work for S@#t! Read a lot of reviews before you drop any money on them. I'd go with boot blankets or the shake up style heater pads before I will ever get another pair of these things.

I hope they got the issues they have with the originals fixed. I bought a set last year and they dont work for S@#t! Read a lot of reviews before you drop any money on them. I'd go with boot blankets or the shake up style heater pads before I will ever get another pair of these things.

Skee,

I'm curious what problems you had. I went ahead and picked up a pair about a week ago. I tried them out last weekend and really liked them. Honestly I only had to turn them on twice on Saturday and once on Sunday but I was completely happy with them.

I read through the operation manual and saw a few "Ah ha" discoveries before I used them. I might not have followed the directions had I not done the reading.

Trying something new - especially something expensive for what you think you're getting always seems like a gamble. I was halfway planning to return them since I impulsively grabbed them. They were the last pair on the hook in my size and the rebate was only good that day. I hope I don't lose. I decided to trust the Thermacell name and inspected the product thoroughly before committing to wearing them. They seem like the real deal so far.

My feet get cold easily due to diabetes. I almost went this direction but instead went with a pair of Steger cammuck mukluks that Will Steger wears on expeditions to the arctic. MY feet have never gotten cold in the 3 years I have used them ice fishing or deer hunting they weigh 2lbs for the pair. I keep the insole warmers in my pack but have yet to activate them and use them. They are just rubberized moose hide and a felt liner like any pack boot 1 pair wools socks and they fit a little loose so you maintain circulation which it the trick to staying warm. Sine you are walking on one layer of moose hide I do not know how climbing ladder stands etc would be on your feet. I hunt from the ground.

Mwal

I bought a pair with rifle season so cold this year. IF YOU BUY THEM KEEP THE RECIEPT! After half of rifle and 4 days muzzle loading the batteries are broken, the little plastic case they are in snapped and the battery doesn't sit down flush and annoys the hell out of me.

And to be honest I didn't think they worked that good, that is why my advice is at least keep your receipt.