• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Matthew layoffs

Hoyt4

I think this has a lot to do with the bow market being so saturated. There are a lot of relatively new bow companies (Obsession, Expedition, etc) that are making a bow with just as good of specs, and in many cases better specs. The Mathews name brand, seems to be wearing off a bit it seems. I am interested in their new "No Cam" system though.

I think it comes down to a saturated market, and improving manufacturing processes. We used to have a Mathews and a Mission rep. Now our shop has one internal sales rep that does both. Does it suck when people lose their jobs, absolutely. Some of them were my friends. To quote one of them that lost their job though "That's business". However we haven't noticed a drop in customer service or quality of the product. The new mathews No-Cam HTR is gonna be a big hit this year there's been a ton of buzz and interest. As far as price they are right in the same wheelhouse as other manufacturers Flagship bows. They have the Mission line for a price point bow.

The new mathews No-Cam HTR is gonna be a big hit this year there's been a ton of buzz and interest. As far as price they are right in the same wheelhouse as other manufacturers Flagship bows. They have the Mission line for a price point bow.

$1,799 MSRP that seems pretty steep for a bow

The No-Cam TRG is a target bow that's why it's 1800. It's geared to a very very small percentage of shooters. The pricing is pretty much right in line with what Hoyt is charging for their target bows. The no cam HTR or hunting bow MSRP's at 1100 so most shops will sell for 1050. Right in there with everyone else.

That's why you wait for them to bring in the next year bows most shops need to make room and you get them at half the cost or even more off. That's how I've bought my last couple bows , my Carbon Element was little over half off.

Very dissapointing when any company goes through layoffs. I don't know how many people they employ, but 35 has to be a big piece of the workforce. Mathewes has always been a high priced bow and market pressure is showing up, there is a lot of competition because their competition also sells very good equipment. The hard winter in Wisconsin certainly put a damper in the local market this year, who wants to invest in a new bow when the deer herd is so low.