Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
CForar

.270 Thompson Center Venture won't fire

Posting on here for my brother about his gun. It's a brand new .270 TC venture. Only 6 shots fired through it to sight it in. He took it all the way from MN to NE only for it not to fire on deer. He said it only slightly dents the primer.

What do you think it could be? Something wrong with the firing pin possibly? And has anyone else ever had this issue?

He said it was really cold that night so he took it inside over night and tried firing it again today and it still did not fire.

my out on a limb guess would be that he didn't clean out firing pin mechanism before sighting in the gun and that the factory lubrication was too much and it is full of gunk from 6 loads and once it hit the cold it seriously gummed it up. Have him take the whole thing (firing pin and bolt) and clean it up and lightly, very very lightly re oil it

Agrree, bring it in let it warm, put in a primer and see if it fires in a warm state. Iutside of course. If it dose do wat piks says. Get a can of shooters choice gun cleaner that evaporates and a bottle break fre lube. Spray the trigger and fireing pin mechanisims and put just a fw drops of oil in the mechanical area

Check to see if the firing pin is protruding out of the bolt when decocked/fired it should have a .050-.060 protrusion out of the bolt if it is less it may be broken or the spring is bound up by factory oil that has gotten stiff. Just because it is new doesn't mean that the spring cant be broke I just installed a new one in a savage 2 days before season on a brand new gun that had only been shot 5 times.

Soak the bolt in Hoppes #9 for a while then spray it down with gun scrubber and blow out with air then a couple drops of CLP and then test fire.