Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bturck

another fish house question...

4 posts in this topic

my son has a 14' house and the only way he gets it out before you can drive is with the ATV. He still waits until around 10 " of ice considering there is some respectable weight to be dealt with. In the meantime its portable fishing. The lake it is set up on near St Cloud doess not have a resort to help out with the movement on or off. Bill

Take a look at these threads:

http://fishingminnesota.com/ubb/Forum9/HTML/000987.html

http://fishingminnesota.com/ubb/Forum9/HTML/000989.html

Some great ready, I bet everything you want to know is in here.

I have an 8'x16' house, not sure about the weight, but all aluminum except for the frame. I pull it out with my ATV and I have had it out on 7" of ice, and wouldn't be reluctant to do it again!

Don't know of anyone that will keep an eye out for your house. due to the risk. But if you're building a new house and have a 4-wheeler, build the house so you can drive in and haul it. I wished our house had that option, I would use it all the time, especially when I no longer have a truck.

I'm thinking of building a drop down house, probably 14'. Question is when could you typically expect to get this on the ice in the metro area?? It doesn't seem as though I'd have a wheeler along while pulling a house... How do you get it out there before you can drive? Do the resorts do this for a little extra income? Any good resorts in the metro that will help out as far as looking after the shack while your not around? I've always used portables, but looking at building a shack in the next couple years as I have a new fishing partner on the way and I don't think it will be easier on a youngster..