• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Interesting read

upnorth

Not often we think enough about what we put into our bodies. One of my relatives from Finland(Swedish speaking area) posted this on FB.

eat good to feel good.

This is translated.

"We are digging our own grave"

The time is 18:00, a rainy afternoon. I go shopping in one of Trollhättan food stores. Wondrous and curious about what other customers have in their shopping baskets I walk slowly through the store, and thinking about how people really think. We would never fill up our cars with diesel if they went on gasoline but our bodies, those thoughts with a bit of everything. To cite an example, I read on one of the store's children muesli package the following:

"Can have a negative effect on children's behavior and concentration"

"Should it be like this?

Where are we going somewhere?

We are digging our own grave, I think as I continue through the store.

In my work as a chiropractor, I have increasingly become aware of the holistic approach, that is, to think more about the big picture. Everything plays a part; what we eat, what we drink, how we move, how we sleep, how we stress etc. I decide to do an experiment. I will explore how my body responds to two types of diet; an organic and natural dish consisting of chicken, cauliflower, vegetables and water compared to a dish consisting of instant mashed potatoes, the meatballs completed, ketchup and a glass of juice.

There I shall examine the blood sugar level and self-estimated health sense!

To my help I will take a well-trained and experienced nurse who worked for many years with cardiac / vascular patients and diabetes.

"A few days later, I begin the experiment by Kl. 11:00 lunch consisting of chicken stew made from natural raw materials of organic / requirements farmed species, blomkålsris, vegetables, and a large glass of water. After the meal, I feel good and I feel refreshed. 40 minutes later I make blood sugar test No. 1. This shows 5.3 in value. Another 2 hours later, I make blood sugar test No. 2. This shows the 4.8 value that is a diff of 0.5. The nurse mentions that this is entirely desirable numbers. The day rolls on and I have a well-functioning stomach, good thinking and plenty of energy. Later in the day I train a 60-minute workout consisting of running and weight lifting. Feels good! I go home to my dear partner, talks about the experiment and Kl. 22, we go to bed. I sleep like a log all night, as usual ....

The day after, I'm nervous. I will in my eyes destroy my body. I will eat instant mashed potatoes, prepared meatballs, ketchup and a big glass of juice, for many people a normal lunch. The clock strikes 11 o'clock and I go to the kitchen at work, opens the fridge and pulls out the lunchbox as I did last night prepared. I heat the food and start eating with mild anxiety in the body. I know this is bad for my body, yet I am curious to know what it does to me.

After I ate the food I feel relatively good. I mention to my colleague that "this may not be noticed in my body." What I did not know then is how the afternoon will go.

40 minutes later I go again to the nurse and do a blood sugar test. This again shows a stick blood glucose value of 6.6. I'm going out to fetch the next patient. During patient treatment, I start to feel a headache sneaking in. This headache rises and gets worse the more time goes. Another 2 hours later, it is time for blood glucose test again, this time showing the dipstick 4.5 that is a diff of 2.1.

After all the processed food and sugar I put in me, my blood sugar curve rose in the sky and my pancreas pumping out insulin to lower the sugar. Have you constantly high blood sugar levels, it can eventually give diabetes and heart / vascular disease, and damage to blood vessels and inflammation in the body.

The more the clock will be on this day, the more headaches but also the stomach, I get. I was going to train in the afternoon, but there's not a chance. I go home from work Kl. 19.00, nausea but still glad I completed the test on myself. I was quite sure that the values would be worse after meals No. 2 but I am most amazed at is how bad I was feeling. My body clearly attempted to say something to me like;

"What are you doing?"

I go to sleep in my bed Kl. 21:00, nausea and tired. When I'm lying in my bed I wonder how all the people in the grocery store where able to eat this nutrient solving, artificial and non-healthy food. How would their bodies feel in making a lifestyle change with the help of better food, more exercise and healthier habits. To say nothing of what we put in our children food with table of contents that reads, "can have a negative effect on children's behavior and concentration." I sleep like a log but wakes 4 times that night. Something else that never happens!

"What are you doing?"

I go to sleep in my bed Kl. 21:00, nausea and tired. When I'm lying in my bed I wonder how all the people in the grocery store where able to eat this nutrient solving, artificial and non-healthy food. How would their bodies feel in making a lifestyle change with the help of better food, more exercise and healthier habits. To say nothing of what we put in our children food with table of contents that reads, "can have a negative effect on children's behavior and concentration." I sleep like a log but wakes 4 times that night. Something else that never happens!

Its no wonder they cant build hospitals and clinics fast enough. Eating like garbage is at everyone's fingertips and very easy to do. It has become a bit of a challenge to eat healthy and give the body proper nutrients. I agree with what is said people in this country at least are basically poisoning themselves and their kids. I am not innocent of this myself.

Yeah it is our culture to eat junk. For the most part it is easier to find, store and prepare junk type food than it is more healthy foods.

And we are far from perfect on the eating thing, we do make efforts to not buy stuff like that. And I can say with certainty that if am eating well, I feel well, if we go through a stretch where we eat poorly(mostly when we are visiting etc) we notice I feel worse, kinda weighed down and lethargic and not a whole lot of energy.