• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2014 Chase - Championship

LMITOUT

It is hard for guys like me and you Tom who've spent so many summers racing and chasing points to buy into such a phony baloney system. I know I never will, but me the loyal fan is not what they are after, they are trying to build Gen X short attention span theater to get the kids or something. I know if you look at the seats at the track or the TV ratings it doesn't seem to be working, but they don't believe going back to the real way is the answer. Sad too because honestly this car and the competition this year was the best it has been in years. Lots of great action throughout the season I thought.

1st place = 5

2nd place = 7

3rd place = 1

4th place = 0

5th place = 1

33% of the time Harvick finished 1st or 2nd.

Yeah, there were some clinkers along the way, but who doesn't have those.

I'm glad they changed the system to make them go for it. Another than the #31 anomaly, the days of riding around collecting points are over and thank goodness.

I would say this is the new way Jeff, like many other changes.

Seems very cheap to let a racer win 1 race, maybe by luck or due to a rain delay and that will enter them into the new Chase. I thought to make a playoff, you really needed to do something worthy during the regular season but not any longer in NASCAR, just win 1 race even due to rain, your in and a possible champion now. confused

The old system a racer had to run hard every race to gain enough points to make it to the Chase of old. No longer does that happen. Win one race and then test for the balance of the season for the Chase, to me that's not racing but simply driving around.

Since they have started to change to the newer formats, they continue to change the cars and the rules as it is simply not working. I know people who have watch for a long time and simply do not care with this new format.

I watched the least amount of laps I have ever watched this past season and some races I did not even bother to watch.

For me, this new Chase format is simply not racing at it's best, never will be. 2c