• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2014 Chase - Championship

LMITOUT

Logano

Harvick

Newman

Hamlin

My prediction of Denny choking/something weird happening has to come true eventually. Newman just does not have the car. Since Harvick has to be by far the favorite, and have always picked favorites in our little game, am going to go with Lagonzo.

Lets see Patrick is still mad at Logano from 3 or 4 races ago and a woman never forgets. whistle

Everybody seems to be upset or have someone upset with them except Newman. It could end up with team mates of the final 4 playing bumper cars.

Harvick, Hamlin, Newman, Logano and non finish in the top 5.

I hope Newman wins and exposes the "Chase" as the joke it really is. No wins this year and only something like 5 or 6 top fives. Newman would be the perfect example of a WWF wrestling champ in Nascar. I even heard Denny Hamlin compare and justify the "Chase" format while comparing it to golf and the Fed Ex Cup. Really..... that's how far Nascar has fallen? Sad, just sad.

Hamlin would be 17th in the points now and Newman has only managed a handful of top fives ALL YEAR and had to crash Larson to get in, what a joke! WWE is right.

Congrats Jeff Gordon on your 7th season points championship if you just don't get beat by 28 spots by Logano Sunday.

From the "beyond the flag" site:

Below is a look at what the points would be if there wasn’t a chase format and the championship was being decided purely by points per race.

1.Jeff Gordon

2.Joey Logano (-26)

3.Dale Earnhardt Jr. (-67)

4.Brad Keselowski (-77)

5.Kevin Harvick (-99)

6.Ryan Newman (-115)

7.Matt Kenseth (-123)

8.Jimmie Johnson (-148)

9.Carl Edwards (-155)

10.Kyle Larson (-157)

11.Greg Biffle (-213)

12.Kyle Busch (-221)

The only chase driver that would not be in the top-12 in points is Denny Hamlin. Hamlin would fins himself 17th in the points if not for the chase and he would be 266 points behind Gordon.

According to the radio transmission his crew chief wanted him to stay out but Gordon adamantly said he was coming in for tires because he wouldn't be able to hold off the guys behind him who had fresher tires.

I'd like to know why the #55 stayed out... smirk

I just don't know. Can't imagine someone paid off Lagono's jack man ....and he and harvick have run up front for most of the year. Denny having to use slicks wouldn't be pre scripted either. Although the yotas did have some power this race, it was a little suspect seeing the 11 upfront that much....as well as newman. Suspect there may have been a whisper passed down not to race as hard around the chase drivers....especially towards the end.

5 wins, 8 poles, 2137 laps led.

Yep, it was a script that arguably the fastest car all year won the championship.

Not to mention driving up through the pack from 12th place with only a handful of laps remaining to win said championship.

Come on.

I would agree Jeff, my vote would be back the way it was but I do not see that happening any time soon.

This last race looked so scripted I did not even watch it all.

NASCAR has been dropping fans so I guess we go the way of the WWE, that does better in viewership I guess.

I guess like everything else, out with the old, even if it worked and in with the new.

I watched the least amount of cup races this year I ever have, just lost interest. This win one race and your into the Chase is not for me either, you need one lucky break and you qualify.