Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Jmnhunter

Chasing birds during the rifle season

thinking about heading out this coming weekend as our deer camp is not getting back together this weekend; i have a blaze vest for the dog, was curious your experiences with deer hunters and WMA's WPA's

Put blaze orange on your dog.

If the area is occupied by a large number of hunters ... a deer drive ... move somewhere else. Deer drives result in a good share of injuries and fatalities in MN and this is typically people in the same party.

If the area is occupied by a single vehicle and you see the guy out there on the stand ... it become a "your call situation".

Most prairie deer hunters take mid-day off from stands. Get to a good WPA or WMA before them in the afternoon so you have "first rights". If the guy still goes to his stand ... then he knows the situation.

If a big group shows up and "muscles you out" ... probably best to move on.

I love my bird hunting but it is something I will NEVER do again during the gun season. Muzzleloader is one thing, but not regular firearm.

After having several slugs fly over our heads because these knuckleheads jumped out of their truck when they saw us pushing a swamp, stood ON the road and we kicked up a fawn, all 5 of them started blasting RIGHT AT US!!!

That was it. Never again. No amount of orange can cure stupid.

If you go, go where no one else is and stay far far away from anyone.

We were on our way back to the truck when this happened.

I've seen a few guys out chasing roosters during firearms season. I see no problem with it. Heck, if anything you might kick up a deer for the guy sitting in the tree.

The other 99% of the time you are just going to tick that guy off. smile

It's legal, it's your right, and it's your call, but I sure wouldn't want to mess around with a dog in the woods in an area known to hold deer hunters. Them being there doesn't affect your bird hunting, but your dog's scent being their sure messes with their deer hunting, and it's bound to lead to some arguments/confrontations.

Bird hunting a WMA or WPA with nobody else on it maybe. In the woods no way not a good idea. I just refrain from bird hunting general gun season not worth getting pooch or myself shot.

Mwal

You'll be fine. I duck hunt and pheasant hunt all deer season and never have a problem. I shot my limit of roosters yesterday in a spot guys just finished driving for deer. I went out today and got 1 rooster as well.

In the prairie region deer hunters see a patch of woods and congregate to it like flies to... you know. Allot of great pheasant land is void of deer hunters. All I do is hunt land people aren't deer hunting. If you go to public land and there's a truck you can guarantee he's in the patch of trees on the land. Just stay away from that area. I go to my spots and if deer hunters are there I go elsewhere.

it was fine, very few deer hunters out; they were all in the big woods and i stayed away from areas that had a guy nearby. Not too many birds around though, i hunted NNE of Alexandria

I'm with Eric on this one, it is public land and although deer hunting is sacred in MN there is plenty of space here in MN. People are going to be mad but if you kick up that trophy buck and they bag it they will be thankfull.....

Kettle