• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

TV questions

BuckSutherland

So its time to get a new TV for the house. I want to get a 24" LED tv. I am assuming it wont freeze and I will be fine.

Also, I really want to be able to watch playoff football and bowl games. If I get a new TV do I need to get an antenna too?? Dont want a dish at all.

Otherwise I will have internet access on the lake. How would I get the games through that??

TIA

Verizon wireless has free video of all NFL games. Some deal they struck with the NFL. I'd be careful though on the bandwidth. Not sure how much it uses. I think it's possibly just a ploy to get folks to go over their data cap. You can download the NFL app on the play store if you have a google phone. I'm guessing it's on iTunes if you have that, but not sure (not an apple guy).

As for the over the air tv signals, I don't think they actually put built-in antennas in any TVs that I'm aware of -- you'll need a UHF or UHF/VHF combo antenna. Distance from the broadcast towers will dictate how much gain you need. If you go to antennaweb.org they will tell you what kind of antenna to get to receive each of the channels you're looking for, based on the location you input. It'll tell you the direction toward the broadcast towers too, in case you end up buying a directional antenna (it needs to be pointed at least roughly in the correct direction).