• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NEED YOUR HELP!!!

Dave S

Just read a disturbing story that happened near Mapleton, MN. Please read the story below and if you know something, DO THE RIGHT THING AND TURN THEM IN!

If anyone recognizes the truck in the first photo please let me or the MN DNR know, the DNR tip-line is (800) 652-9093. Some hunters came into my yard right past no trespassing signs and shot a deer...7 miles east of Mapleton MN. I can't say for sure if the deer entered my yard injured or not but it appears the first 3 shots were fired from the edge of the road, there was no blood on the road or ditch...it started in my yard. The last shot that they finished the deer off with was 15' away from the front of my house and the office my wife was working in...aiming directly in the direction of my neighbors house who happens to have a young child. They never came to the door to seek permission or to explain/apologize for their actions, they loaded the deer in our driveway quickly and left.These guys knew what they were doing was wrong and left a mess of blood and a shell casing in my yard. My wife is very upset about his as am I and these guys need to be dealt with by the authorities or they'll do it again and cold possibly kill someone.

Thanks everyone.

full-8710-50949-huntertruck.jpg

Probably a low pixel phone camera, could be tough getting the plate #. However, I would think that the sheriff could figure out how many late model solver dodge trucks are in the area, and how many of those owners have a deer license, and go from there. That picture should give them enough info to narrow it down to a handful of people.

On a side note to this, don't want to side track your post. I sent off a photo to my local CO she knew who it was instantly, did a great job. But, I think it would be cool for HSO to have a thread on trespassing photos, might deter it if they knew they could pop up on a web site and later be identified.

Probably a low pixel phone camera, could be tough getting the plate #. However, I would think that the sheriff could figure out how many late model solver dodge trucks are in the area, and how many of those owners have a deer license, and go from there. That picture should give them enough info to narrow it down to a handful of people.

Low pixal phone, already cropped the wrong way, and downsized for the net.

So, has the person been identified then? I would think that they broke at least 2 laws when they did this. It is disappointing to see that some would do this for a deer. I can't imagine shooting into a field, much less shooting into someone's homestead. It's a bummer, we don't need people like this in the field.

I would think with the original photo, not the uploaded version, this could be somewhat easily be cleaned up.

I tried for about 3 minutes and I was able to clearly make out an "E" or "F" in there second to last letter. I have some software we use here at work and it does a fairly decent job.

I have a feeling with some real good software this would be easy as heck. I am sure that is the new style plates with the flat letters. Those are highly reflective so that squads can pick them up at night easier.

Here's another one of the photos the homeowner posted.

full-8710-51020-hunter.jpg

I'm not certain as to what Law Enforcement agencies were called. I do believe they were cell phone pics.

Another person had enhanced the pics and came up with 4 possible license plate numbers. It sounds pretty certain it's a MN plate.

So, has the person been identified then? I would think that they broke at least 2 laws when they did this. It is disappointing to see that some would do this for a deer. I can't imagine shooting into a field, much less shooting into someone's homestead. It's a bummer, we don't need people like this in the field.

The person involved has been identified.

Thanks everyone.

I would bet any money they may have wounded it some where near by and seen it come over to their land. I would be checking with the neighboring farms that had land next to them to see if maybe it wasn't part of their hunting crew chasing it down? Guy's do crazy things for a deer they nicked! confused

I would bet any money they may have wounded it some where near by and seen it come over to their land. I would be checking with the neighboring farms that had land next to them to see if maybe it wasn't part of their hunting crew chasing it down? Guy's do crazy things for a deer they nicked! confused

From what I have read so far, the deer was wounded. The hunter is known by the property owner.

Irregardless, a simple knock on the door would have alleviated all of these problems. Now someone is more than likely going to be cited for a few offenses.

I didn't know this until today but the property owner was someone I worked with back in the 90's.