Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

upnorth

ACA before and after

1,443 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

Probably not in the next 4 years and maybe not even in Del's lifetime...:D but I predict we will be single payer in less than 20 years.

Maybe not in 20 years.   I would be amazed if in my remaining lifetime.   

I thought the article about how it works in Germany was interesting for those who still read actual words.   

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Healthcare_in_Germany

12 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

Maybe not in 20 years.   I would be amazed if in my remaining lifetime.   

I thought the article about how it works in Germany was interesting for those who still read actual words.   

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Healthcare_in_Germany

http://www.gallup.com/poll/191504/majority-support-idea-fed-funded-healthcare-system.aspx

58% are already in favor of single payer. I bet after last week's fiasco, those numbers go up even higher.

Don't forget, single payer is what Trump was backing many years ago. He may be angling to get it now.

Think about it. As far a partisan politics go, this would be a genius move for the republicans if the think tanks could come up with a way to spin it to the base. 

Whatever party passes single payer will solidify at least a couple of consecutive presidential terms like the Democrats did.

18 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

58% are already in favor of single payer. I bet after last week's fiasco, those numbers go up even higher.

As of 2013, (four years ago) 58 percent were in favor of legalizing marijuana too, and the FDA and DEA haven't even budged...

http://www.gallup.com/poll/165539/first-time-americans-favor-legalizing-marijuana.aspx

2 minutes ago, Bear55 said:

I'm thinking the same thing, it's coming.

If it gets here anytime in the near future, del is either going to have to start making trips to Mexico or go visit Dr Juice..

24 minutes ago, swamptiger said:

If it gets here anytime in the near future, del is either going to have to start making trips to Mexico or go visit Dr Juice..

Ha, Del will be the first one on board. He loves big government intervention.

24 minutes ago, swamptiger said:

Huh?      I just hope that if it does come, that neither I nor my family nor my friends need anything expensive because those things will become increasingly hard to get. 

1 minute ago, Big Dave2 said:

Ha, Del will be the first one on board. He loves big government intervention.

And Dave wants poor people to die in the street (or preferably in an alley) so he can save money.  

Two can play the absurd attribution game.  

1 minute ago, delcecchi said:

And Dave wants poor people to die in the street (or preferably in an alley) so he can save money.  

Two can play the absurd attribution game.  

Your attribution is much more absurd than mine is.

49 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

Don't forget, single payer is what Trump was backing many years ago. He may be angling to get it now.

Think about it. As far a partisan politics go, this would be a genius move for the republicans if the think tanks could come up with a way to spin it to the base. 

Whatever party passes single payer will solidify at least a couple of consecutive presidential terms like the Democrats did.

It's going to be hilarious to see the Republicans extol the virtues of single payer while the democrats complain what an awful idea it is.

swamptiger and Big Dave2 like this

Just now, bobbymalone said:

It's going to be hilarious to see the Republicans extol the virtues of single payer while the democrats complain what an awful idea it is.

I know, right?

7 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

Huh?      I just hope that if it does come, that neither I nor my family nor my friends need anything expensive because those things will become increasingly hard to get. 

There's always Mexico if Trump doesn't build that wall too high...

I'm just glad that no political party was in charge of the Manhattan Project or we would still be fighting WWII.

3 years to build 3 atomic bombs that worked, 4 years from the time we put a dinky little satellite in space until we had John Glenn orbiting and these lawyer scientists can't come up with a workable health care law in 10. Must of had smarter people 50-75 years ago.

45 minutes ago, Juneau4 said:

these lawyer scientists can't come up with a workable health care law in 10. 

They can come up with a workable healthcare law.

The hard (impossible) part is coming up with a workable healthcare law with all winners and no losers, as that is the requirement.

Edited by bobbymalone

5 hours ago, bobbymalone said:

The hard (impossible) part is coming up with a workable healthcare law with all winners and no losers, as that is the requirement.

That sure seems to be true. 

1 hour ago, delcecchi said:
6 hours ago, bobbymalone said:

That sure seems to be true. 

Not to worry, when Trump and Ryan get their heads together with this level-headed group, it should be a breeze,,,,

and terrific.

58d9af64e49a9_sitin.jpg.47570162e6e04ab06758d04a93c83c44.jpg

Edited by swamptiger
PurpleFloyd likes this

They can't even agree they're knee deep in - - - - much less what kind.

Some don't  even realize what's happening.

Life goes on:D