Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

upnorth

ACA before and after

1,443 posts in this topic

After no increase last year, 17% this year.

I guess that averages out to "same as it ever was".

You didn't get that promised 2500 per family savings, either, eh?

Because of Obama Care, my company was basically "forced" to drop the cadillac plan they had been providing. My family's out of pocket expenses over and above the increased premiums went from $700 to $7,000 a year.

Geez,

Slow day around here. We had LMIT's BF up before Congress testifying and nobody says anything?? This guy is just another Israeli spy.

Because of Obama Care, my company was basically "forced" to drop the cadillac plan they had been providing. My family's out of pocket expenses over and above the increased premiums went from $700 to $7,000 a year.

Similar deal here. Had to drop company plan, my out of pocket went from approx $2400 to nearly $14,000, with a lesser plan and higher deductible.

Brutal! My deductible went up about $1,000 & I my doctor is no longer available in my plan.

Brutal! My deductible went up about $1,000 & I my doctor is no longer available in my plan.

But, but, but Obamacare is saving people money!! crazy

It is providing health care for those who could not afford it before. It's just that now it is also making it so people who could afford it before cannot now smile

obama2small_zps234a9316.jpg

It is providing health care for those who could not afford it before. It's just that now it is also making it so people who could afford it before cannot now smile

Well said!

As Gruber might have said "If we told them how much it would cost they would have never supported it."

As Gruber might have said "If we told them how much it would cost they would have never supported it."

As gov. dayton says, MNSure is "Performing phenomenally" .....

He's "not losing any sleep over Mnsure".

Higher premiums, higher deductibles, and less choice "should be celebrated".

12.12.13.jpg

Keep voting democrat Minnesota !! confused

That can't be right, Obama told us if you like your doctor you could keep them.

That can't be right, Obama told us if you like your doctor you could keep them.

Oh well, there is a whole bunch of people still waiting for their Mule and acre of land they were promised as well by the Gov, and every few years they keep voting hoping for it! frown

This way you don't have to steal from others yourself, you just elect others to do it for you.

Then, just set back and reap the rewards.

A symbiotic relationship where without one, the other ceases to exist.

Mike

You must have just read through the new budget and are referring to yet again how the big banks are being further bailed out and restrictions dropped so they can go derivative crazy again....right? smile

You must have just read through the new budget and are referring to yet again how the big banks are being further bailed out and restrictions dropped so they can go derivative crazy again....right? smile

I didn't know they needed bailed out. confused

And if so, tell me exactly how they're being bailed out, and what they're being bailed out from.

Maybe I missed something? Which one or one's are now failing and need a bailout?

Just out of curiosity, what do you call a bailout, and how does it differ from a loan that requires a pay back with interest. I believe the banks received a loan and those "loans" were paid back with interest. Maybe I'm wrong, if so, please correct me.

Mike

A quick search picked this up:

WASHINGTON, DC - In a speech on the Senate floor this afternoon, Senator Elizabeth Warren urged her Republican colleagues to oppose a provision added to the government funding bill that would increase the chance of future bailouts. Video of the Senator's remarks is available at: http://ct.symplicity.com/t/wrn/faf8cbca1986e5a6afe6baaf4c982f56/4202687732/realurl=http://youtu.be/tRDJDq6PkWQ, and the text of her speech as prepared for delivery follows:

Mr. President, yesterday I came to the floor to call on House Democrats to withhold their support from the omnibus spending bill until one provision is removed. The provision was slipped in at the last minute to benefit Wall Street. In fact, it was written by lobbyists for Citigroup. That provision means big money for a few big banks. It would let derivatives traders on Wall Street gamble with taxpayer money - and, when it all blows up, require the government to bail them out. Just to be clear, I want to read the title of the part of the law that will be repealed if this provision is not stripped out of the omnibus: PROHIBITION AGAINST FEDERAL GOVERNMENT BAILOUTS OF SWAPS ENTITIES.

lol Mike. Well perhaps I was a little loose with the term bailout...call it creative license..... in pointing out how the big banks are being "bailed out" yet again in that they are allowed yet again to pursue the policies that will allow them to make some easy quick cash .......its been tough lately making money the old fashioned way wink You are right... these "handouts" are much easier then actually working for it. Lazy arse bums grin

MNsure flaw keeps 7,500 people from enrolling

By - Associated Press - Monday, January 12, 2015

ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) - State officials say a problem with the MNsure system has prevented about 7,500 people from enrolling in public health insurance programs.

The Minnesota Department of Human Services expects to resolve the problem in about 10 days.

Deputy Human Services Commissioner Chuck Johnson tells the Star Tribune 7500 people who should have had coverage starting Jan. 1 will either have retroactive benefits, or the state (that's you and me) will cover the cost of medical bills as needed.

Johnson says the problem stems from people trying to enroll in coverage for 2015 through a new account, rather than the account they created to obtain coverage for 2014.

He says the glitch apparently catches only those who didn’t qualify last year for one of the public health insurance programs but are now eligible for coverage in 2015.

Still just a rolling train wreck of never ending incompetence.

Somebody pull the plug on this disaster.. crazy

Cartoon-Huge-Train-Wreck-6001.jpg

via CNN:

Hold onto your wallets ... many insurers want to substantially hike rates on Obamacare policies for 2016.

Many are proposing double-digit premium increases for individual policies, with some companies looking to boost rates more than 60%

32% increase for exchange-based plans, while Humana (HUM) is asking for an average 30% boost

for its exclusive provider organization policies, which generally cover only in-network services. Insurers say they want to hike rates because enrollees are going to the doctor, getting lab work and filling prescriptions more than they had originally anticipated...Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina cited hospital in-patient care,

particularly cancer and heart conditions, emergency room visits and specialty drugs as major contributors to its proposed 26% hike.
"Working phenomenally well"

- Gov. Dayton..

:crazy:

No surprise. No surprise the vocal opponents of it are silent, as far as action, for repealing it. Sick people are quite the commodity nowdays.......ya'll are getting fleeced arguing over little red and blue crumbs.

No surprise the vocal opponents of it are silent, as far as action, for repealing it.

​You just hate sick people.

And want to push granny over a cliff...

Et al...:cry:

No surprise the vocal opponents of it are silent, as far as action, for repealing it.

And if they tried to repeal it (which they have) you would be the first to cry that all they are doing is wasting time because Obama will veto it anyway. 

Save us the faux butthurt and take your troll act somewhere else. 

Thanks to Obamacare, insurance companies can't exclude me due to preexisting real butthurt and there is increased coverage for mental health counseling to deal with my faux butthurt.