• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tilt bed operation on 2 place Sled Bed Trailer

Dragonsm

I had the chance to upgrade my snowmobile trailer this fall from a simple utility trailer to a 2 place tilt bed aluminum Sled-Bed trailer w/ salt shield.

Trailer is used but was purchased from my uncle as he upgraded to a larger trailer.

Haven't had to much of a chance to crawl around and monkey with it yet, but one thing I noticed while looking at it this past weekend was when I released the lock on the tilt bed, I had to help lift it up and it wouldn't stay up somewhat defeating the purpose of being able to load when I am solo. I've never owned a tilt bed trailer before and I guess I never paid any attention in the past when my friends loaded theirs.

Looks like on the underside, there is a torsion spring on the "Driver's Side" of the trailer that must assist in this process? Any tips on adjusting it or what to look for?

These colder temps are getting me excited for winter and the white fluffy stuff!

Thanks,

Steve

I know mine has a gas shock assist. I bent it a couple of years ago and had to remove it. I haven’t had a chance to put it back on yet (maybe a good project for this weekend) but what I’ve been doing when I’m alone is just propping the bed up with the ski tie down. It just falls out as you are loading the sled. The shock was much nicer though and I’ll probably put another one back on there eventually.

I have put these on my last two trailers and they work great when loading by yourself. There around $35 and work good even at below temps. The salt shields make them front heavy so they don't stay up well when loading without a little help.

full-27051-50533-untitled.png

I put 2 landscaping bricks on the back of my trailer to make it tilt when loading by myself. Works great and the price was FREE.

Ha, nice ever launch them? So, do you take them with you to reload at the trail or on the lake?

I use to pull my porty up on the back to hold it up when loading by myself until she went flying a few times on fast loads! So, I got the shock thing which works great and a little more safer.

When I'm alone I just drive the very sled close to the trailer, get off it, step on the trailer to tilt it down and pull the ski a few inches over the deck holding it down with the weight of the sled. Then I just drive it up. If I'm with a buddy I just have them step on the deck to keep it down. Fred's method works too.

When I'm alone I just drive the very sled close to the trailer, get off it, step on the trailer to tilt it down and pull the ski a few inches over the deck holding it down with the weight of the sled. Then I just drive it up. If I'm with a buddy I just have them step on the deck to keep it down. Fred's method works too.

I've done the "tip on" thing too but if there is any ice in the lot or if you loading on a lake you maybe screwed without a little run up room. frown

Ha, nice ever launch them? So, do you take them with you to reload at the trail or on the lake?

I use to pull my porty up on the back to hold it up when loading by myself until she went flying a few times on fast loads! So, I got the shock thing which works great and a little more safer.

I've never launched them, at least that I realized... never actually thought about that as a possibility haha I'll pay more attention now.

Sled stays on the trailer at home... only places I load/unload is on gravel roads or PWA parking lots and that's where I use the blocks if by myself.

Only issue is one time I forgot them on the trailer after leaving so I had to drive back to my parking spot and get them... good thing I remembered or I would have been out 2 bucks.

Only issue is one time I forgot them on the trailer after leaving so I had to drive back to my parking spot and get them... good thing I remembered or I would have been out 2 bucks.

Good thing or someone may have been out a few ski's or bumper! wink