• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Duffman solo in pics

1 hour ago, bobbymalone said:

Whereabouts was the twister?

Right near the WY/SD border. We were headed to Hot Springs SD for a night.

There were a few cells around, but that cloud caught our attention. Heading south on 85, it was still to the west, but by the time we caught up to it, it had just crossed the highway. It was pretty impressive when darn near right under it and folks were pulling over to watch what may happen.

I pressed on not knowing the area and thinking of safety. But kept an eye on it as it moved east and we moved south/southeast. About 10 minutes later I proclaimed in a very excited voice "It's happening!!!". Pulled over, watched the show and took some pics. It was a quick one, but man...........so cool to finally see a twister.

This is all I found on the net about it.........

July 3rd. 5:27 P. 2 Sw Dewey- Weston County WY

Multiple Spotters Reported A Tornado Southwest Of Dewey Beginning At 427 Pm. Tornado Was Up And Down Through At Least 440 Pm. (Unr)

Sucks that life gets so busy Duff, and hard too keep in touch with all the cool people on this site........ I was in the Southern part of Bighorn the 4th and 5th.......and would have been  great to see ya again. Glad to see the pup is still hanging in there. You know they say when a deer  purposefully wants to hang around humans, there is a Squatch nearby. Great pics!!!

15 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

You know they say when a deer  purposefully wants to hang around humans, there is a Squatch nearby. Great pics!!!

Lol, that reminds me of a time fishing the Yellowstone river. I had climbed out on a large snag of dead falls to cast.  I heard a noise behind me and thinking Bear, I turned to find a small Doe walking out to me!  Scared the dump out of me but she just wanted to make friends!  I gave her a few marshmallows and could hardly get rid of her. ? 

1 hour ago, pushbutton said:

Sucks that life gets so busy Duff, and hard too keep in touch with all the cool people on this site........ I was in the Southern part of Bighorn the 4th and 5th.......and would have been  great to see ya again. Glad to see the pup is still hanging in there. You know they say when a deer  purposefully wants to hang around humans, there is a Squatch nearby. Great pics!!!

We were back home on the 4th, stayed at West Tensleep Lake campground June 30th-3rd. Funny that you were there, my co-workers best friend was also in that area last week (they hiked the same trail we did a day later). Such a small world at times.

Despite the pre-mature gray on the hound and her very mellow demeanor (which I dig), she just turned 7 this spring.

I'm guessing your little feller ain't so little anymore? I can't even remember how long ago it was when we hooked up for catting through the ice.

Maybe we can find some time to hook up again?

Open water or ice, keep it in mind as the days, months, and years roll by..............quicker and quicker it seems.

1 hour ago, leech~~ said:

Lol, that reminds me of a time fishing the Yellowstone river. I had climbed out on a large snag of dead falls to cast.  I heard a noise behind me and thinking Bear, I turned to find a small Doe walking out to me!  Scared the dump out of me but she just wanted to make friends!  I gave her a few marshmallows and could hardly get rid of her. ? 

I was a little surprised how the animals showed little fear towards humans out there.  Even the Moose, they paid a little attention when near, but no fear whatsoever. But when we seen a mama moose and calf headed our way out hiking, we skedaddled the other way. Don't need to be stomped into a puddle of Duffmeat.  :)

47 minutes ago, Duffman said:

But when we seen a mama moose and calf headed our way out hiking, we skedaddled the other way. Don't need to be stomped into a puddle of Duffmeat.  :)

Leads me to another story out there. 

Three of us walking the river bank looking for good pools to fish came across a baby moose in front of us on the rivers edge.  Cool, look at that! ?  

Didn't seem to see the other baby moose just in the brush from the way we just came, or the very pizzed off mommy Moose standing right behind us!  ?

The river bank at that spot was about 5 foot drop so no way out of the 3 way stomping but to slowly about-face and try to get back the way we came! 

We didn't make Outdoor life-This happened to me.  So we made it!  ?

Edited by leech~~

Just wondering where you where at?  Cloud Peak Wilderness area?  Some of the pictures look familiar, but the canoe would have taken a horse to get it in.?

Great scenery and country.

My Father and Mother-in-law lived in  Buffalo , so I know that area from Sheridan to Gillette rather well.?

You were camping In West Ten Sleep-- then came back East  through Buffalo to I-90. Should have spent a night at Meadow Lark on the south side,

Looks from the photo's all had fun --even the pooch!?

Edited by Juneau4

On 10/25/2019 at 8:26 PM, chaffmj said:

In the BWCA?

Yeppers,  didn't see a soul from the time I left the bar in Ely on Tuesday night till I returned to the Lake One access Saturday morning. Latest I've ever gone in the fall, but was still surprised by the lack of people, seeing that it was MEA weekend as well. Best fall fishing I've ever had up there, half dozen nice crappies,  another half dozen small pike and over 20 walleyes in 16-18" range.

P1000027.thumb.JPG.5e5470966777fdee9754db4155a6e811.JPG

On 10/25/2019 at 9:15 PM, leech~~ said:

Didn't see the pup laying around?  Isn't she up for the trip anymore? ?

She would love to come along, but I don't have room for her. My first Golden at 45lbs could have fit in between my legs, but this one is a long and lean 95 lber. 

P1000001.thumb.JPG.9e9cfecbe87f7cbb4ade78a036e70d57.JPG

I figured it was a good omen for my trip when I left the office on Tues to head up north and the Weinermobile was parked next to my truck. lol

:D

20191015_131830.thumb.jpg.1602ceb48524b43fb3b33423f226cd9f.jpg