• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Duffman solo in pics

1 hour ago, leech~~ said:

But, now your rich and can run off to Aruba and parts unknown around the world each year!  :lol:

I don't know about being rich, but being in zero debt for the last few years helps.

You know what also helps.....marrying a girl that hates shopping as much as I do.

:)

When you don't come from much..........ya tend to view money and "stuff" in a different light.

And I'll try and spear a fish for you with the little umbrella from my cocktail. ;)

-8 on Saturday morning.

And I supposedly winter camp in March for the warmer temps.

:)

False flag, didn't catch a fish.

And I shook my head watching my buddy feed my hound a piece of Kobe steak, at least I had a taste before she did.

20180312_204639.jpg

20180308_195558.jpg

20180312_205724.jpg

Edited by Duffman

It's laker fishing leech, you know how that goes. Had a guy ski by camp in the morning to fish a hump about a quarter mile away. After 5 hours he skied by again and said he only had one looker.

Next year we might go back to targeting stream trout, a little more predictable.

Looked like slush was an issue recently in spots. Plenty of snow and ice still up there.

But now I am ready for spring.

1 hour ago, leech~~ said:

Well at least you weren't sinking in slash out there.  No scale friends at all? :(

what is "slash"????  

I was thinking slush myself!!!!!

Duffman have a good time if you are still there!!!!

2 minutes ago, Mike89 said:

Duffman have a good time if you are still there!!!!

Thanks Mike, it was a great time, but alas........I am back.

Went with an old co-worker who left about 6 years ago to go work for Garmin and their lake depth acquiring and mapping boats. He's a great story teller, and he had plenty of stories to tell about his travels around the country collecting lake data. Including the night he partied hard with Mama June and the Honey Boo Boo clan. lol

56 minutes ago, Mike89 said:

what is "slash"????

This is Slash. Now you know! :angry:

He can be rather loud when your trying to enjoy the quiet! :grin:

Slash.jpg

Edited by leech~~

I was ALMOST headed to Ely as well but opted to stick to “productive” pursuits at home, figuring I probably missed the October window this year.  That only lasted a day though before I headed west.

It looked really cool though.  Quiet too I bet.

It was an okay trip, made the best of it.

Changed destination and distance I was willing to travel in those weather conditions.

Can't afford to screw up when I'm solo. 

More of a winter trip feel than a fall trip.

After fishing in 17 degree windchill, I found just hanging out fireside a much better option.

I think I need to do an actual summer BW trip next year, despite the bugs and crowds.

Then I can take the fishing part more seriously.

Seen some groups pass by camp, so there were others as crazy as I.

Edited by Duffman

No slush to be found, although there was that double layer ice stuff that made hand augering a pain through 24".

An inch of snow overnight that blew all over on Saturday, didn't last long out fishing in it, not a fan of watching my hole fill up with snow every 30 seconds.

So the hound and I listened to the Twins games while watching tip up's from out of the wind.

Only had frozen smelt, finding large minnows this time of year is impossible.

Ended up with two eelpout.  :)

Fun trip, the hound and I had a great time together.