• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Clam x2 pro thermal-Dave Genz model

Kyle

there won't be any reviews out yet as this is a new model this year. it is basically the same as the regular X2 Thermal, which is 900 denier fabric and the new X2 Pro Thermal is 1800 denier fabric this is the only major difference between the two. the X2 Pro Thermal also includes the runner kit and the travel cover as part of the package where as the X2 Thermal does not come with the runner kit or travel cover, plus you can purchase it either unassembled or fully assembled and ready to fish out of right out of the box.

Do you know anything about the quality on these units? I heard the plastic pole buttons like to break... I really like the color of the sled and the seats, and its also less expensive than the otter xt series. I just wonder about those pole buttons.

I just assembled my new X2 Pro Thermal last weekend. The push levers for the poles work pretty darn smooth in there right now. It comes with a light bar, battery bracket, runner kit and premium zip access cover. Not to mention the double insulated walls. It is heavy and would be best suited to pulling behind a wheeler or sled. I actually added a second light bar via clips to one of the cross supports between the back hoop and the hoop over your head. Not necessary but I figured added light back there would aid in packing and tying jigs or what have you. I am really looking forward to using it this winter. Fished out of the JM X Thremal several times and the X2 Thermal, a little extra insulation can't be a bad thing.

Spend the extra money on the Otter and you will not regret it. The Otter XT 1200 Lodge is $799 at L&M Fleet. Scheels will price match that up in my area.

The Clam is listed at $999.00 and any insulated house is better than an non insulated otter.

I've had my X2 for 7-8 years now (bought first year made) and been very happy with it. It's a little heavy but would rather have heavy duty than light duty. They are better built then all the other clams before it.

I have the X2 thermal and I can say this shack has been awesome! I personally like the push button setup on these polls. They seem rock solid and I used mine last year in -20--30 below temps and never had a problem. I didn't like the grey inside tub but after have used it in conjunction with the supplied light, I find it much easier to find stuff. I am always dropping things in the tub.

I will say this thing is crazy heavy. I can get it in my truck by myself but boy will I cuss and swear doing it. I can only imagine maybe the pro model will be a tad heavier with the new material.

My only big gripe about this shack is the battery box for the light. When hauling around the shack behind my ATV, the battery always seems to somehow fall out. It's broke my leads for the light twice now. I am going to put and extra strap on it for this season.