• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Timberwolves 2014-2015

Rick

More importantly, who are we gonna select, if the stars align and we get the #1 pick in the draft - Okafor or Anthony-Towns? I guess all the "experts" have convinced me go with Anthony-Towns. Big guys who are as athletic as he is and who can guard multiple positions are extremely valuable. His 81% free throw percentage should indicate he can develop a good outside shot.

Okafor can score down low, but he looked real slow on defense in the Championship game. Kaminsky is a good player, but Okafor will have to guard faster bigs in the NBA and Kaminski continually went right by him.

I like Towns, more so for his defense. While it is nice to watch Pek muscle his way into the basket, it isnt much fun to see his opponent walk to the basket and score, because of the lack of defense. Our two second round picks could be a nice addition as well. We could gamble on some over seas talent, and let them develop a couple years while being stashed over seas.

The team has a lot of young talent. If we can develop the young guys, and stay healthy, we should be a playoff team for several years. I realize to some, just being in the playoffs isnt anything, it is competing, and winning the championship, but this is MN, I will be happy with what we can get. We just may be able to make a strong run in a a couple years.

Congratulations to Wiggins, for winning ROY!

the 4th for Rubio...sign me up on the let's do it list!!!  If that played out we would/could add a good guard in either Mudday (sp?) or Russell.  Add them to either Towns or Okafor and WOW this team would be young and fun to watch!!!

my first reaction is do it!

However intriguing it sounds, I am not sure it would be the best move.  Rubio may be lacking in scoring ability, but the offence certainly runs better with him.  He is a much needed veteran on this team.  I feel we need yet another QUALITY veteran on this team to bridget the wealth our young talent we have.  We don't have the luxury of good vets to dispose of one of Rubio status.  

Besides, we would screw up and pick the worst of remaining guards anyway.   

If it were Rubio straight up for #4, they would be dumb not to do it, but what I read is that they want Rubio and Bazz, or Dieng, for the number 4, and we need to take on some bad salary to make the numbers work. Like what was said, the team would need some experience on the floor, and some mentors for this young group to grow to stars, without veterans they would take a lot longer, if ever to reach their potential.

Rubio straight up, get it done, but not if they need to include Shabazz, or Dieng.

I wouldn't do it. Rubio is a heck of a ball handler. Isn't much of a scorer but the offense runs so much better with him on the court. As said they need some vets on the team so getting rid of one of your best one isn't going to help the team. 

Now if you could dump the guy from Superman II I'd be all over it!!