• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Timberwolves 2014-2015

Rick

Kind of a bad trade for the Wolves, Thad is a lot better then KG is now, and has several years in him, unlike KG, which this is most likely his last year. And we gave up a first round pick to acquire Thad. So, we really just gave a first round future pick, to have KG play out the last couple months of his career as a Wolf. Not really a smart move in my books.

Gets Thad out of Bazz's way.

Hopefully it somehow influences our current kids to stay here for their careers. Or at least make them think it isn't so bad in 'Sota.

Rub some intensity off on Sleepy Wiggins.

Help with developing Bennett, Payne, and Dieng. Or figure out if they should be gone sooner rather than later.

We get to see Ricky, Lavine, Wiggins, Bazz, and KG on the court together.

I think he was brought here to do what Sam Mitchell did for him when he was starting out. He'll mentor the young guys. Word is they are offering him a two year contract after this year as well. We'll see how that pans out. It could be good and it could be bad. Won't know till we see it unfold. I'll enjoy seeing him back where he belongs again though. Hopefully he can teach the young bloods a few things.

Exactly Sandmannd, There was no veteran leadership on this team and when you have these kids coming out of school so early they are totally unprepared for this lifestyle. He will show them how to practice, how to prepare for a game and how to play the game. Now if we can get rid of Saunders there might be hope.

These kids have more experience coming into the league that Garnett did! At least now they have to go to college for at least a year!

I agree, the sole reason for this trade was to sell a few extra tickets and a few jerseys. All Garnett will teach these guys is how to whine and cry!

Anyone catch the game tonight? Makes me sick watching James Harden play, yes he is a helluva player, but I will never understand the calls that he gets. The officiating in the NBA is the biggest joke ever. Harden goes in to the lane doesn't get touched, and flops for a foul and gets the call EVERY time. Wiggins goes into the lane gets hacked across the head and...nothing. I have never understood why the star players get special treatment for foul calls, why can't the refs just call a foul when they see one instead of making themselves see a foul that isn't there when Harden goes to the rim.

Anyways on the Garnett trade, saying all he will teach the young guys is how to whine and cry is absurd. Have you seen any videos of the practices from back in the day when KG was here? These guys went all out, and KG will hold everyone accountable to showing up to get better every day. These young guys will be able to learn from one of the best power forwards to ever play the game. I grew up watching KG, he has always been my favorite player, and as soon as I heard he was coming back I got tickets to Wednesday's game. Can't wait!

KG will bring enthusiasm back to the game. He will pump up the team, but he could have done that as a coach, and we could have got him at the end of the season for nothing, rather then giving away a player we just gave up a first round pick for, one who will produce better then KG can, and that could have been a good PF for many years. KG, other then coaching these youngsters, doesnt really bring anything to the court anymore.

The trade just shows me that the Wolves are never going to get out of their rut.

The trade just shows me that the Wolves are never going to get out of their rut.

"Head scratcher" is far too kind for this transaction... Thad was one of only a few bright spots this year. We finally get things going and get a glimpse of our potential future with Rubio healthy, Wiggins developing, the enigma that is Lavine and how good he could be, and then we go and dump a solid young starter for an over-the-hill vet? If we wanted a veteran presence there were many better ways to go about that... Don't get me wrong, I love KG, but this was one of the dumbest trades I have ever seen in my life.

And to add to that, I do agree with the guys saying how great KG's presence is in terms of work ethic, passion, drive, etc., but if they would have waited a few months (when he retires) they could have hired him as a coach... Or he signs a one day contract for next season, retires a Wolf, then coaches. Same difference...we get our veteran leadership and we still have Thad instead of essentially throwing away a first round pick.

And to add to that, I do agree with the guys saying how great KG's presence is in terms of work ethic, passion, drive, etc., but if they would have waited a few months (when he retires) they could have hired him as a coach... Or he signs a one day contract for next season, retires a Wolf, then coaches. Same difference...we get our veteran leadership and we still have Thad instead of essentially throwing away a first round pick.

It doesn't sound like young was working out anyway... and likely wasn't going to be here much longer.

I still like where we ended up with the Love/Wiggins deal.

I wonder why Thad wasn't working out? He didn't want to be here or he didn't fit with our scheme or something else? Guess it doesn't matter now, but in all likelihood he was going to be a free agent after this season anyhow. I do agree fully that we got the much better end of the Love/Wiggins deal.

Crazy how much energy he brought to the entire team. It was really cool to see all the guys taking in all the advice he was giving out there, playing at the level he did or 20 yrs shows how much he can teach everyone on the roster.

Also we didn't give up a 1st round pick for Thad. He came over with bennet and wiggins. We gave up love mbua Maute and sched.

That was a great game last night. The intro was awesome. The first quarter was horrible but the rest of the game was very good. KG did what he was brought in to do. The crowd was huge and on fire, the team, once they simmered down, played their butts off. The Ticket was talking to all the young guys on the bench and teaching them. I hope he plays at least another year. I've always been a big fan of KG love that he's back.

150225-timberwolves-kevin-garnett-1151a_

Is this the line where I can start my crow eating?

I have to admit that I was wrong... I was pretty upset with the trade we made. Not that we got KG back as a vet presence, that was never my issue, but what we gave up to get him was too much IMO. That said, I saw him do more coaching last night as a player than Flip has done all year as a head coach...in fact, did they even show Flip the whole game? We were getting creamed in the first quarter until KG took over, more so with his words than his actions, even though he played pretty well, too. If you would have told me after that dreadful first quarter we'd come back to win by 20 I would have suggested a padded room for you... For just a brief moment we looked like a mid 2000s playoff team in the midst of a run in front of a sold out house. Our players had more passion and played better defense then I've seen since he left 7-8 years ago, or whatever it was. Loved seeing how awesome of a mentor he was last night...he never quit talking during the game, and those young guys looked like kids at Christmas with their doe-eyed looks and a twinkle in their eyes. They were star-struck and soaking in everything he said. I loved it!

That intro was awesome, but a bit long. It was fun to see him in his early years. Man he was a KID!! LOL

I am not a huge basketball guy, but I always get into the Wolves when they are winning. Not knowing much about basketball its hard for me to get into another throttling by some other terrible team.

I did like the dunk fest by Lavine at the All Star game though.

It will be interesting to see if KG's presence can continue to grow this team throughout the year. I hope they don't peel off a ton of wins now and still get a good draft pick. Seems like they have to be 1 or 2 to get a real difference maker from what I have heard.

I did like the interview with Rubio on Tuesday when asked about KG at practice "He is yelling at guys, he yelled at Pec to get back on D, and nobody has ever yelled at Pec before". LOL

The thing no one has mentioned that I read in regards to Thad is that there was the possibility that he took his option for $10 million next year and wouldn't be in the future plans past that. He took too many minutes from our young guys and he was nothing special! Bringing KG back has so many plusses that it was a no brainer. He changes the team culture right as he walks in the locker and he shows the young guys that if you embrace this state that this state will embrace you and that might be a influential point when it comes to Wiggins looking to resign!!

He changes the team culture right as he walks in the locker and he shows the young guys that if you embrace this state that this state will embrace you and that might be a influential point when it comes to Wiggins looking to resign!!

I thought that same thing. Rubio already signed an extension and wants to stay. Now if we can get Wiggins to want to stay long term, and KG might have a big part in that, we would be seeing the playoffs again in short time. Tag that along with Lavine, Djeng and a couple other youngins and we are good.