• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Still trying to hook up Direct dish

FHFO

Me again I now have a reciever from a single LNB round Direct dish. My used Direct dish is a oval shaped 3 LNB,multi swith type with 4 outputs.It seems to not work together. Should they work together or should I find a single LNB round one? Thanks

You have to select dish type in dish set up selection. Threnis a few different dish types to select from. I had this situation. Newer recievers arnt compatible with round ice house dishes. So in the set up program it has to be selected on the type of dishbu have. My wife dose this and were gona have to re learn before ice again. But i know one has to select proper equipment options. Hope his helps

I'd call Direct tv customer service and ask for some help. They aren't going to "bust" you. Don't specifically tell them what you're doing but just give them enough to help you out. I called when I was doing this and they helped me out.

FHFO, I just hooked up a dish to my fish house 2 weeks ago. I have a multi head dish with 4 out puts, no switch on it. I hook up a single cable to one of the outputs and hook that right to my receiver. since it is just one cable to the receiver you can receive only one satellite at a time. I am using a direct tv dish with a dish network receiver. I pick up the local channels on my hd antenna and then use my satellite to pick up satellite 119. I am using a portable mount that I place on the roof. make sure the mount is level. I use a satellite meter (I think they are only about $15) to make aiming easier. Once it is level I aim it using my compass and meter and usually can hook up in a few minutes. Hope that helps.

Jim