• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Fishing GPS unit

Big A

I tried to search for this but everything was clogged up with the RT9 discussions....

I am interested in a Lowrance GPS only device. Will only be used for GPS locations. Nothing more.

Can anyone please help me out with what model(s) they have or use for this??

Are you looking for a handheld device or something like an open water GPS unit to mount on your ATV/Sled?

I couldnt help with a handheld because all I use there is my Phone with the Navionics app for just high level searching and making walking around, but not true navigation.

For something to mount on a mode of transportation, use whatever you have in your boat! They work awesome!

Get a RAM handlebar mount and a 12v adapter plug and you are in business.

Humminbird, Lowrance, whatever it doesnt matter provided it has an internal GPS. If not, you will have to mount a puck somewhere and then that gets tricky with another power source required.

I tried to search for this but everything was clogged up with the RT9 discussions....

I am interested in a Lowrance GPS only device. Will only be used for GPS locations. Nothing more.

Can anyone please help me out with what model(s) they have or use for this??

Are you trying to keep the cost down or use an old map card? I still use an old Lowrance XOG which still works pretty well when plugged into a 12V source. You can still find some of them on line new and used. Also, any older Lowrance locator with GPS can be mounted and used just for that and there are a lot of them out there as people get newer units. They do give you a little bigger screen to work with as well.

Everybody is right, any GPS will work. The phone app is pretty slick though and I use it for exactly what you want one for. It's every bit as accurate as my HDS 8 is and a lot easier. You walk around when you get close to the spot and it points you to the spot and counts you down as you get closer by the foot.

My buddy uses his 10" Samsung tablet. That baby is nice no zig zagging around with that big screen

If my little XOG ever dies. I am going to get me the biggest old locator with GPS I can find that takes the chips I have to use on my sled! smile

I like my H2o that bought ohh... maybe 6 years ago, more durable than a touch screen phone, and i like to run and gun and pop holes with mine on to see where im at in relation to the map with my vex. I have an old card, but it works well for me, and now they are really cheap i think i saw one on hsolist for like 20 bucks and thats quite abit cheaper than my cell phone being replaced. you can get newer cards now, but the 5-3' contours are good enough for me