Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
creepworm

View from the stand '14

I always liked these threads and didn't see one posted for this year.

Sitting in a wide, thick shelter belt with corn being harvested at one end, and alfalfa on the other. full-26304-49755-1412463983068.jpg

Tonight is my first sit of the year. I was nervous about going because it felt like a good night and I didn't really want to end a perfectly good hunt (2014 season) this early:)

This is the stand where I shot a 142" ten last year on Nov 2. First photo is N/NE - pond, corn, alfalfa. Twenty yards past the tree line on the left the ridge drops steeply down, so that whole north side kind of funnels them. Second photo is to the west, with the narrow flat between the field edge and another steep ridge that runs north/south.

full-9397-49813-prop1.jpg

full-9397-49814-prop2.jpg

full-9397-49889-ta1.jpg

full-9397-49890-ta2.jpg

This is one of my original stands. It's currently over a small clover plot. There is a bigger bean plot about 60 yards south of the stand. And lots of standing corn right behind the stand.

The corn is beginning to look tasty. Now if only some deer would keep me entertained instead of the forum. smile

Deer highway to left of abandoned farmstead I hunted Saturday evening. Staging area in the brush leading to turnip field that was freshly disced. Dangit. Saw one tomcat there entire evening.

full-25796-50228-stand1.jpg

Woods leading to grassy knoll by occupied farm place. Saw some sort of deer slinking by about 200 yards off. Grunted. Nada.

full-25796-50229-stand2.jpg

View from my elevated blind in our woods behind house. Clearing that I cut a few shooting lanes to since photo was taken. Note the bike. That's my new mode of transport to stand. I've blown by deer in the woods on it that just stood there that would have taken off had I been walking.

full-25796-50231-stand3.jpg

Not a view from the stand. But of the clearing/bedding area I mentioned with previous pic. Note the orange arrow next to the one tree. My 40 yard marker.

full-25796-50232-deerpanorama.jpg

This from a recent metro hunt. Hard to see in the washed out background, but those are houses just the other side of the pond. You also can't see the pretty blonde raking leaves. cool

PA110675_zps7c2485d6.jpg