Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
toughguy

Bye Bye Gardy Hello........

Who's the new manager going to be? I just hope they go with someone outside the organization - Not Molitor, Doug Mientkiewicz, Mauer's brother etc.

My vote is for Ozzie. He is a 180 change from Gardy.

Its sad day for me....im at a loss for words right now... cool

Where oh where is that sarcasm font?

I'd like to see Doug Mientkiewicz get a chance to manage if they stay inside of the organization(I think he's a talented manager), and if not, I'd like to see Ron Washington given consideration if he'd want the job.

I liked Gardy, but it was time to let him go. I only hope the rest of the staff, all of them, will be right behind him. Time to clean house and start new.

All I want is a manager to manage a player for what got them to the big leagues and fine tune their inabilities instead of changing the player to fit the system!!! Can't believe Terry Ryan is staying as GM. To me Gardy has been a big part of the problem but he got us within sniffing distance of the WS and wasn't given an arm or bat to help down the stretch a couple times.

Sounds like he has been offered some kind of position with the organization. Regardless it was time for a change and I'm glad it occurred. I could see him resurfacing as a mgr some where's else. For his sake hope it's not a team in rebuild mode because we've seen that is not his strength. He needs a team of established vets who can more or less run on auto pilot as was the case with team he inherited. Those gigs don't come up too often though..

I'd really like to see Dave Martinez get a shot at this team. Have a feeling though they stay with the organization and go with Glynn. If they stay within hope its dougie alphabet.

So Gardy inherited a good team that lost 90 games in 4 of the last 5 years before he was hired to coach the Twins?

LoL.

Tom Kelly had 4 90 loss seasons in row. His last was just over 500 before Gardy led them to 6 playoff appearances.

Anyway, anybody but Ozzie works for me!

I liked Gardy, but it was time to let him go. I only hope the rest of the staff, all of them, will be right behind him. Time to clean house and start new.

+1

It had to happen....

I could live with Ozzie even if its just for the humor factor. I cannot see him working well with Terry though and highly doubt he will even get an interview.

I would be shocked if he goes outside the organization.

How's this for a lineup?

Catcher: Joe Mauer

First Base: Jusin Morneau/Kennys Vargas

Second Base: Nick Punto

Shortstop: Garret Jones

Third Base: Miguel Sano

Outfield: Michael Cuddyer, Torii Hunter, Carlos Gomez, Byron Buxton, Denard Span

DH: David Ortiz

Pitchers: Liriano, Garza, Neshak, Hughes, Perkins, Nathan,

So Gardy inherited a good team that lost 90 games in 4 of the last 5 years before he was hired to coach the Twins?

LoL.

Tom Kelly had 4 90 loss seasons in row. His last was just over 500 before Gardy led them to 6 playoff appearances.

Anyway, anybody but Ozzie works for me!

Yes he inherited a team that was on the upswing and TK is who got them to that point. not that complicated.

I like Gardy but as stated, it was time to clean house.

Whadda yous guys think of bringing Tom Prince back and put him on staff. Not saying as manager but I think he would be a great addition to the dugout.

Molitor as manager, Jack Morris pitching coach, Brunansky as hitting coach, and Steinbach as bench coach. Maurer platoons in right field with Arcia when Arcia doesn't DH. No more Parmalee either.

Molitor as manager, Jack Morris pitching coach, Brunansky as hitting coach, and Steinbach as bench coach. Maurer platoons in right field with Arcia when Arcia doesn't DH. No more Parmalee either.

Brunansky has to go. Let's go all Minnesota and bring in Winfield as the hitting coach.

How's this for a lineup?

Catcher: Joe Mauer

First Base: Jusin Morneau/Kennys Vargas

Second Base: Nick Punto

Shortstop: Garret Jones

Third Base: Miguel Sano

Outfield: Michael Cuddyer, Torii Hunter, Carlos Gomez, Byron Buxton, Denard Span

DH: David Ortiz

Pitchers: Liriano, Garza, Neshak, Hughes, Perkins, Nathan,

I bet they may still have those guys jerseys around someplace still. whistle