• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bye Bye Gardy Hello........

toughguy

I'd like to see Doug Mientkiewicz get a chance to manage if they stay inside of the organization(I think he's a talented manager), and if not, I'd like to see Ron Washington given consideration if he'd want the job.

All I want is a manager to manage a player for what got them to the big leagues and fine tune their inabilities instead of changing the player to fit the system!!! Can't believe Terry Ryan is staying as GM. To me Gardy has been a big part of the problem but he got us within sniffing distance of the WS and wasn't given an arm or bat to help down the stretch a couple times.

Sounds like he has been offered some kind of position with the organization. Regardless it was time for a change and I'm glad it occurred. I could see him resurfacing as a mgr some where's else. For his sake hope it's not a team in rebuild mode because we've seen that is not his strength. He needs a team of established vets who can more or less run on auto pilot as was the case with team he inherited. Those gigs don't come up too often though..

I'd really like to see Dave Martinez get a shot at this team. Have a feeling though they stay with the organization and go with Glynn. If they stay within hope its dougie alphabet.

So Gardy inherited a good team that lost 90 games in 4 of the last 5 years before he was hired to coach the Twins?

LoL.

Tom Kelly had 4 90 loss seasons in row. His last was just over 500 before Gardy led them to 6 playoff appearances.

Anyway, anybody but Ozzie works for me!

How's this for a lineup?

Catcher: Joe Mauer

First Base: Jusin Morneau/Kennys Vargas

Second Base: Nick Punto

Shortstop: Garret Jones

Third Base: Miguel Sano

Outfield: Michael Cuddyer, Torii Hunter, Carlos Gomez, Byron Buxton, Denard Span

DH: David Ortiz

Pitchers: Liriano, Garza, Neshak, Hughes, Perkins, Nathan,

So Gardy inherited a good team that lost 90 games in 4 of the last 5 years before he was hired to coach the Twins?

LoL.

Tom Kelly had 4 90 loss seasons in row. His last was just over 500 before Gardy led them to 6 playoff appearances.

Anyway, anybody but Ozzie works for me!

Yes he inherited a team that was on the upswing and TK is who got them to that point. not that complicated.

Molitor as manager, Jack Morris pitching coach, Brunansky as hitting coach, and Steinbach as bench coach. Maurer platoons in right field with Arcia when Arcia doesn't DH. No more Parmalee either.

Brunansky has to go. Let's go all Minnesota and bring in Winfield as the hitting coach.

How's this for a lineup?

Catcher: Joe Mauer

First Base: Jusin Morneau/Kennys Vargas

Second Base: Nick Punto

Shortstop: Garret Jones

Third Base: Miguel Sano

Outfield: Michael Cuddyer, Torii Hunter, Carlos Gomez, Byron Buxton, Denard Span

DH: David Ortiz

Pitchers: Liriano, Garza, Neshak, Hughes, Perkins, Nathan,

I bet they may still have those guys jerseys around someplace still. whistle