• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Towing Otter Resort with Snowmobile

Elm Creek Local

I purchased an Otter Resort with the OEM hitch, cover, and hyfax kit last year and experienced snow getting under the front cover and into the tub while towing. My trips are usually 1 mile off trail and 5-20 miles of on trail to get to different fishing destinations. I'm curious if anyone has a remedy for this issue or any other good tips for pulling long distance with snowmobile.

I was thinking about making some type of snow deflector out of UHMW sheet plastic and bolting to the tow hitch.

I'm guessing it is likely that the snow powder is more likely to come from the sides also. The only way I've seen guys eliminate that is to get a tarp with a ratchet strap built into the tarp. Obviously most of us aren't willing to buy a custom tarp. If you can get to the bungee inside the otter tarp you may be able to shorten it so that it is a tighter fit. Been in your shoes before. This problem occurs on most brands when pulling with a snowmobile.

I was having that same issue on my Voyager with a home made hitch one trip. Grabbed some heavy duct tape and wrapped around the opening between the two hitch arms as a temp fix for the trip which worked great. It's still on there three years later! grin