• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Remember the good ol days?

DTro

He didn't unnecessarily slam him plain and simple. No foul.
My view as well. It looked to me like Munnerlyn wrapped him up and was trying to pull him back and at that split second Blanton hit him from the other way which brought him completely over.

The one good thing about the play is the vikings met at the QB! thats a good sign. :-)

I I dont care if it was voodoo or David Blaine that made Breeze backflip onto his head.

The referee veiwing it live is going to call it 100 percent of the time wether we like it or not. I agree it kind of sucked and it definetly hurt us but scoring 9 points at N.Orleans isnt going to win ever.

9 years 364 days and 15 hours the NFL is dead... grin

God willing im going to hold you to that one DTRO... grin

So what should Munnerlyn have lightly pick Brees up and caressed him to the ground? It's either he throws him down or let's him stay up and make a play. If the refs didn't want him to get tackled they should have blown the whistle as soon as he was in the arms of the defender. The penalty came because he threw him down "too hard" and Brees ended up with his feet flying up and landing on his back.

Last i checked you have to be able to TACKLE in the NFL. Was he supposed to let brees throw for a first down while he kept a hold of Drew waiting for the whistle to blow? you have to be allowed to get a player to the ground. Horrible call.

And Drew getting all worked up like a crabby toddler... Apparently it was ok for the saints d and greg williams to try and decapitate favre for money, but its the end of the world for someone to "tackle" him too hard. Cry me a river Drew

Last i checked you have to be able to TACKLE in the NFL. Was he supposed to let brees throw for a first down while he kept a hold of Drew waiting for the whistle to blow? you have to be allowed to get a player to the ground. Horrible call.

And Drew getting all worked up like a crabby toddler... Apparently it was ok for the saints d and greg williams to try and decapitate favre for money, but its the end of the world for someone to "tackle" him too hard. Cry me a river Drew

My thoughts exactly ... situation was differant . If cassel or bridgwater where on other end. Because brees is a vetran QB the refs will side with him . A Rookie or Mediocre QB.. out come would be differant

Same goes for pass interferance calls with vetran WR vs. Rookie ,secondary type recievers

For those of you that deny that bullshat call changed the tempo of this game You dont know shat about football .

Riiiight...and not turning 3 fgs into 3 tds is not the bigger issue.

You got some Purple shat running down your chin, might want to take care of that.

So Michael L you're saying that going down 11 points after a long drive rather than getting the ball back with great field posistion down four points didn't change the momentum of the game? Did you not watch the game?

Yes the field goals also contributed, but that's an irrelevant point.

It was a BAD call and a game changer for sure...

I waited to see how the NFL would look at this play to make a comment.

Both Captain and Blanton were cleared from any wrong doing as a result of this play. There were no fines handed out....

The referee stated that he threw the flag because the whistle had already blown...upon further review...he was proven wrong.

Home field advantage at its best.....