• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDY!!

FISHINGURU

Kalil better shore up his game or TBridge is going down on an unseen sack. Very dissapointed in his play so far. We do not need to see 1 minute of Ponder this season.

Teddy looked pretty good for his first real opportunity in the bigs. Best sign of all was he didn't have the Ponder happy feet and seemed to understand he needed to make quick decisions. Money ahead right there. He got the ball downfield a couple of times which was good to see. Agree that his checkdown passes were off, but hopefully he can dial that in with a full week of practice with the first team O.

Before the season started I thought if we started 2-3 that would not have been such a bad result given our early schedule. Now we have to win 1 of the next two, with the Packer game looking more probable than Hotlanta. Going to be tough.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Kalil better shore up his game or TBridge is going down on an unseen sack.

TBridge...me likes it!!!

I thought he did pretty well all things considered.

Like stated the O line is horrible.

Kalil needs to be benched certainly any body on the practice squad could do better.

Unfortneatly we wasted a hi pick on him so im sure they will stick with him.

We are about to see what Teddy is made of that's for sure. No Peterson, No Rudolph, Bottom of the barrel WR's besides Patterson who is still developing, O-line is in shambles.

Hopefully the kid can make something out of nothing!!

What happened to your man crush and the $49 million for Jennings?? I said years ago it wasnt worth getting anyone at WR or QB until the O-line is fixed. Rudolph is a sissy. The guy is the second coming of Jon Carlson. Big mistake signing him. Should have kept Chase Ford. At least he could suit up every Sunday. Kalil wants out of MN, and it shows. I dont know how you can play so good the first season then so-so last year to just being terrible this year.

At least we can say the D is much improved. Gotta feel for Zimmer a little cause he was dealt a huge plate of shart to start his first job. Given the circumstances so far he has responded well. The D should give Teddy a few more chances than defenses of the recent past.

Quote:
Kalil wants out of MN, and it shows. I dont know how you can play so good the first season then so-so last year to just being terrible this year.

He didnt really play that good the 1st year and he wasnt so so last year he was bad.

It was more hype and APs phenomenal success the 1st year.

Anyway id take TBridge over Geno Smith right now...that was a horrible performance by him tonight.

What happened to your man crush and the $49 million for Jennings??

At least we can say the D is much improved. Gotta feel for Zimmer a little cause he was dealt a huge plate of shart to start his first job. Given the circumstances so far he has responded well. The D should give Teddy a few more chances than defenses of the recent past.

That wasn't me, I never wanted Jennings, I always thought he was a product of great QB's. On top of that I didn't want us to spend that much on a role player.

Zimmer is a guy I wanted though, I think he has done a great job so far considering what he was dealt. I like how we adjust on defense, it will be nice in a couple years when Zim gets to keep bringing in his kind of players.

I think with AP we are 2-1 right now possibly 3-0.

I am tempering my optimism of what Teddy might be able to do, but this gem from Zimmer in yesterday's presser was encouraging: "there isnt anything that Cassel can do that Teddy cannot do, but there are several things that Teddy can do that Matt cannot." Not saying much because IMO Cassel is a below average QB, but from what I saw Sunday (and in Preseason), Teddy is much more equiped to run a diverse offense than Cassel.

Hopefully the game slows down for him.

I am tempering my optimism of what Teddy might be able to do, but this gem from Zimmer in yesterday's presser was encouraging: "there isnt anything that Cassel can do that Teddy cannot do, but there are several things that Teddy can do that Matt cannot." Not saying much because IMO Cassel is a below average QB, but from what I saw Sunday (and in Preseason), Teddy is much more equiped to run a diverse offense than Cassel.

Hopefully the game slows down for him.

Another sucker roped in.

Think about it, if that were really true then why on earth was Castle the starting QB? crazy

These guys are selling hope and you can't get your wallet out fast enough.

Think about it, if that were really true then why on earth was Castle the starting QB? crazy

You talkin about Sand Castle or Matt Cassel? grin

The reason they started Cassel over Teddy is because they thought his experience and leadership would help him lead the offense better then a rookie. He didn't do anything in preseason to lose the job, even though you could tell Teddy brings more spark.

Cassel is pretty vanilla and when the pressure is on he chokes. They didn't want Teddy to start his career under these circumstances but that's how the game goes, hopefully he pulls through and is legit.

Once the real pressure was on you seen Cassel choke like normal.

I'll be honest, I hated the Bridgewater pick. Absolutely hated it. But Bridgewater has looked very very good in this game. He looks like a legit NFL QB. This Atlanta D is terrible and I am sure there will be games where Teddy looks awful, like any rookie, but Ponder and Cassel have never looked comfortable in the pocket and like legit NFL QB's the way Teddy has today. With some development, Teddy may be the QB for a while.