• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDY!!

FISHINGURU

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IS FLIPPING TERRIBLE!!!

Check down, Check down, run. Check down, timeout, run, sack.

We should have kept T-Jack or Webb.

I especially loved that he couldnt hit McKinnon on the 5 yard pass twice in a row at the end of the half. This donk cant throw down the field at all. Get used to the dink and dunk.

I missed the game but DVR'd it. Watched it back and bucks analysis if you call it that is completely wrong. I would gladly sit with you buck and use slow mo and rewind etc go watch through progressions etc. Teddy played a pretty dang good game. I will admit I didn't want him to be in there yet but it is what it is. Jennings had a couple balls that should have been caught. Teddy seemed very poised and actually had progressions. A couple bad throws but not many.

One thing is obvious though a complete lack of a running game. That is what is holding them back now.

I wasn't a fan of drafting Teddy, but he has looked good to me in the preseason and most of today. The O line didn't give him much of a pocket to throw from. Matt Cassel was done for me after the Carolina game last year. I think he looks calm and poised. Would be nice to see him get some time to throw.

Wasted money on Sullivan and Rudolph. Could use that money for a linebacker and some protection for the future superbowl winning quarterback Teddy Bridgewater.

I missed the game but DVR'd it. Watched it back and bucks analysis if you call it that is completely wrong. I would gladly sit with you buck and use slow mo and rewind etc go watch through progressions etc. Teddy played a pretty dang good game. I will admit I didn't want him to be in there yet but it is what it is. Jennings had a couple balls that should have been caught. Teddy seemed very poised and actually had progressions. A couple bad throws but not many.

One thing is obvious though a complete lack of a running game. That is what is holding them back now.

I guess we watched different games. I hate to break it to you and Teddy, but most of the time in the NFL your are not going to have guys open more than a couple yards. Good QBs can fit the ball in those small windows. Guys like Teddy hurry through the progressions and throw the check down. I bet over 50% of his passes were check down. 6 of his incompletions were on check down passes. He cant throw the deep-intermediate ball at all and thats why he hesitates on those routes.

In his defense he did not throw any INTs, and the OL play is bad, really bad. We dont have a running game cause the line is so bad. Also seemed like they struggled to get the plays in and the ball snapped in a timely manner. I am willing to give him a chance, but that outing today did not leave me with much hope that he is the answer.

I thought he played just fine...certainly passes the eye-test for me. I really like the way he climbs the pocket and has a little bit of wiggle to him on the scramble. Throws very well on the run.

Now that AP is out, this is the best thing for the Viking fan-base IMO...it'll keep everyone interested as we all watch our new young QB.

I'll also add this...AP's unbelievable talents hid, for years, the terrible offensive line we have accumulated in Vikingland over the years. We are all seeing it now. We've seen it in pass protection for years, the only saving grace for this unit was their run blocking...without AP running the rock, they're exposed all the more.

Our OL got killed today...both in the running and passing game. By FAR...the OL unit on this team is the weakest on the team...followed closely by a LB core who needs a complete make-over. Greenway needs to go...Brinkley is not starter material...never has been.

IMO...Cole and Hodges should be starting at ILB and OLB.

There's a lot of $$$$ on this team being paid to players who are not living up to their contracts....Greenway and Sullivan at the top of this list.

Oh yeah...go Teddy!!!!!

I've been saying it for yrs, if I were building a team I'd build the best O-line in football. It makes mediocre QB's look good, it makes mediocre RB's look good, it even makes Wr's look good because the play lasts long enough to get open.

Could you imagine what a QB like Rodgers could do, or a RB like AP could do with a good O-line.

It's so deflating to read these criticisms, with such finality, after only one real professional performance. I wonder if some folk's expectations might be just a little bit too high?

C'mon guys? This is basically TB's first effort at leading an NFL offense in a real game. I think it's only fair to give him a few more games before we start making the call that he doesn't have the right stuff.

He has his short-comings. That's for sure. Right now this team is fighting to even find purpose and unity. Their reputation is seriously tarnished, and they've got a big hill to climb before they can build some "heart" back into this whole team.